PDA

View Full Version : A Huge Favor

Prof. Machel
10-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi, It me... the lady in the office of TAG. No, no... not Laurie... it's me... Rach. It is sooo exciting to finally be a part of the forum! (My first post to the Anderson forum and right away I am asking for a favor! :eek: )

I am working towards my MBA at the University of California, Northridge (CSUN). Currently, I am taking a "Business Organizations" class and we have been assigned to write an industry paper. My group has decided to research the cruise line industry. For this project I am to write a paper on Norwegian Cruise Lines and am required to interview someone who works for Norwegian. (I have searched and searched... and it seems many people take Norwegian Cruises... but no one works for them!) If you know of anyone who works for Norwegian Cruise Line who would be willing to be interviewed, would you please let me know? I will gladly return the favor with your very own, free Anderson t-shirt!

Thanks for your time.

Rach

ToneLounge
10-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Welcome Rach!

I know a bass player that plays on a Nor. ship, but he's probably a contractor.

mapleneck
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Rachel - are you on the networking site: linkedin.com?
You can search for people by entering Norwegian Cruise under company.
It looks like there are 20 people on there who are current employees.
I believe there is a fee to contact people who are out of your network.

I just started the 3 year weekend MBA program at Berkeley and have never felt so stressed in my life...

Prof. Machel
10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow... I might have to use my school loan to pay for Anderson t-shirts.

Thank you so much to the linkedin.com tip. I will have to check it out.

No kidding about stress... I feel chronically tired! Everyone at TAG has been super about me going back to school! Not only do they let me have the time to go to school, but they also help me with my homework! (Little do they know that I have 4 years of this!)

Suriel Zayas
10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
(Little do they know that I have 4 years of this!)
Prof. M......don't worry, those guys at tag are too busy making guitars. they never have time to hang around here. once in a while we get a guy around here who says he's tom, but i think he's an imposter. i finished my mba such a long time ago, that i don't think i remember what the initials stand for. good luck!

michaelomiya
10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi, It me... the lady in the office of TAG. No, no... not Laurie... it's me... Rach. It is sooo exciting to finally be a part of the forum! (My first post to the Anderson forum and right away I am asking for a favor! :eek: )

I am working towards my MBA at the University of California, Northridge (CSUN). Currently, I am taking a "Business Organizations" class and we have been assigned to write an industry paper. My group has decided to research the cruise line industry. For this project I am to write a paper on Norwegian Cruise Lines and am required to interview someone who works for Norwegian. (I have searched and searched... and it seems many people take Norwegian Cruises... but no one works for them!) If you know of anyone who works for Norwegian Cruise Line who would be willing to be interviewed, would you please let me know? I will gladly return the favor with your very own, free Anderson t-shirt!

Thanks for your time.

Rach

hey Prof. Machel, welcome to the board! when considering business organization papers, I always sprinkled in a little of Maslow's "hierarchy of need" coupled the dangers of vertical silos (gets 'em every time! :p). BTW, what took you so long to register and log in?! :rolleyes: :D

I don't know anyone associated w/ NCL, but you may find a few "gems" of infomation and org structure here: Genting Group (http://www.genting.com/annualreports/sc.htm)

Prof. Machel
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
You know what really scares me? I understood the whole Maslow - silo thing! :eek:

michaelomiya
10-14-2005, 12:31 PM
You know what really scares me? I understood the whole Maslow - silo thing! :eek:

:D you go! :p

morty
10-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Hello Rach! I am from Norway. and maby I can help You

http://www.hurtigruten.com/index.asp This is Hurtigruta, This boats go up and down the Norwegian coast, but not worldwide.

Here is some more links:

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/05/norway.htm

http://www.colorline.com/

http://www.ncl.com/

taclassic
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Rachel,

I literally just got off of the Norwegian Star that went down to Mexico. I am sorry to say that I do not know of anyone, but I think you will find out some info based on the links other folks sent you. I do know that the staff works on contracts from 8 to 10 months. I spoke with the bass player of one of the bands on board. He was from Jamaica and is group was on for a 10 month stint.

BTW...welcometo the world of case studies. :)

Prof. Machel
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
WOW! You are all so amazing with your knowledge and the kindness in sharing it. I still have not found an actual person to interview, but I have a lot of leads for information. If there is a way for me to help you guys out... let me know.

<3, Rach