PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Saddles

wolf
10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Folks
Has anyone tried the new Titanium saddles on their Anderson ?
I've just won a set in a UK competition and need to decide which of my guitars to order the set for.
Is it all just hocus pocus ?????

bruce
10-11-2005, 06:50 PM
They will sound bright... maybe too bright for some.

wolf
10-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Bruce
Their sales pitch is that they are designed to bring out more tone.
I've yet to try them on anything
Has anyone ??

bruce
10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I've also installed (for a customer at his request) a set of stainless steel saddles on a strat and he took them off shortly after claiming they took away the warmth.

Duotones
10-12-2005, 11:15 PM
I have tried several titanium parts including saddles for synchronized tremolo, block inserts for floyd rose tremolo, and saddles for Les Paul.
(Titanium parts are easy to acquire in South Korea)

They really sound bright in all cases. Many guys told that they usually increases high and mid-range, but My opinion is that they also boosted bottom-end, especially in guitars with rosewood fingerboard.

I think that bruce is right. Usually they take way the warmth but they can give more clarity.

Thanks.

Jinwon Seo

wolf
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the info.
My problem is that I have very acidic sweat and the Gold saddles on my Anderson's bridge have already started to pit and corrode after only a few gigs.
I've fitted a set of Graphtec saddles but I don't like the tone they give.
I was hoping the titanium saddles would do the trick, but the Anderson's quite bright sounding as it is, so maybe titanium is not the way to go.
I'll use my free set on my Musicman Luke instead.
Anyone have an idea what I can use to replace the corroded saddles on my Anderson ??

GaryMcT
10-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Chrome corrodes much less than black or gold.

ctoddrun
10-13-2005, 08:06 AM
...speaking of corroding.

I've got a Drop Top with a chrome Floyd on it and the set-screws for the saddle are all rusting.

I've been using (periodically) a synthetic lubricant to try to minimize this, but to no avail.

What would be a good suggestion for my dilemma?

Something tells me that replacing them every so often is the answer.

I wish they were stainless, but I guess they might not have the friction to keep the saddles in place?

wolf
10-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Ok Guys
My Titanium saddles have arrived and the set for PRS, Musicman and Anderson are the same.
I'm going to fit them to my Anderson today, after all, it's a simple, reversible job and gig them over the weekend.
If anyone's interested, I'll post my result on Sunday because it'll take a few gigs to really understand what is different.

Duotones
10-14-2005, 11:29 AM
...speaking of corroding.

I've got a Drop Top with a chrome Floyd on it and the set-screws for the saddle are all rusting.

I've been using (periodically) a synthetic lubricant to try to minimize this, but to no avail.

What would be a good suggestion for my dilemma?

Something tells me that replacing them every so often is the answer.

I wish they were stainless, but I guess they might not have the friction to keep the saddles in place?

Set-screws of floyd rose easily get rust.

Lighter Oil is very helpful in removing rusts. Synthetic lubricants like WD-40 is also helpful in removing rusts, but IMHO, both of them is not so effective in preventing rusts.

I usually use lighter oil to remove rusts and use some special oil products like Dr. Duck's Ax Waxe to prevent rusts. Because they don't evaporate easily and they form overcoat to prevent oxidation. And they are not harmful to any metal parts and do not become sticky at all.

Thanks,

Jinwon Seo

wolf
10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Hi Guys
I've gigged the saddles and I have to say that so far I'm really impressed with them.
I've found that they seem to thicken the mid range and top end .
My Anderson's quite bright sounding in comparison to my other guitars and these saddles seem to have thickened it's tone nicely.
It'll take a few more gigs to really get to know exactly, but I must say that for now, they are staying on the guitar and if my 1st impression stays with me, I'll be buying a set for my Musicman Luke.
If anyone else tries them, please let me know your findings.
Cheers