PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on Clapton strat

GASMAN
12-28-2003, 11:32 PM
I am the happy owner of two Andersons. Cobra Special with 3 P-90's-------- and a Hollow Drop Top with a beautiful koa top, SSH. Both set up with the peizo bridge. But have been using the Clapton strat for years and find it almost difficult to go to another guitar. I think it has to do with the huge output that the Clapton puts out. Other guitars feel sort of wimpy compared to it. Even with the boost all the way down------it still has huge output and nice ringing sustain. I wonder if the new "M'" series pickups from TA would have that hot of output?

Stan Malinowski
12-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Gasman,

Having a wide variety of guitars I frequently run into mismatches in the "power output" of different guitars. For instance my Fender CS 56 Relic has very low power output while my Anderson Classics are noticeably hotter. After growing tired of amplifier tweaks I found the solution in a ZVex Super Duper Clean Boost. It provides 2 controllable levels of clean boost which allows me to change from guitar to guitar without constant amplifier volume tweaks.