PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Cobra S

jjhboots
10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
This guitar is currently at Mass Street Music. Details and pix at: http://www.massstreetmusic.com/electric-tom_anderson.php
Will sell for $1600 plus shipping. Thanks. Contact me at gabbykh@yahoo.com

Big Country
10-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Dont see it in that link.

~t

ctoddrun
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I think a buddy of mine bought that Cobra.

It was sparkly gold, right?

Bought it Monday, should be here sometime Thursday.

(I'm on the look out for a Cobra myself... like I need ANOTHER guitar!)

jjhboots
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, it sold on Monday.

Tremendo
10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I got it last week, my first Anderson, what a great sounding guitar! It has the 62 Cobra neck, which I'm finding is a little thick for me. All my other guitars have much thinner necks (San Dimas Charvel, Parker Fly Deluxe, etc). I don't want to lose that awesome tone though. I'm working on another Anderson procurement right now with a thinner neck, and when I get it, I will decide if I keep this one.

Tremendo
10-31-2005, 09:42 PM
OK, 1 week later and this guitar might be tough to get rid of. I compared it to my other main guitars ('82 San Dimas Charvel, '86 Charvel custom neck through, '99 Parker Fly Deluxe, '04 American Start Deluxe, etc) and realized the tone on the Cobra was amazing, but it was tougher to play. I have 9 - 42's on ALL my other electrics, and the 10-46 Elixers on the Cobra. I was thinking the '62 Round back was what was making it tougher for me, but today I lowered the action about 35%, literally, and it plays great. The action was set way high, even though I noticed the neck was straight (with that ever so slight bend).

Once again, I'm not 100% sure on my needs for next Anderson procurement.

ctoddrun
11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Good to hear that neck isnt TOO thick for you.

Thats what had me concerned about that one.

On a side note, I just got a PRS delivered yesterday.

Gonna practice with it on Friday night for the first time.

My initial reaction was "sweet guitar". We'll see soon enough if its a keeper.

I may end up selling the Drop Top, and using the PRS for my trem needs.

The Classic is gonna be a mainstay for sure though.

Tremendo
11-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Yesterday I finally played another Cobra, an Atom, another Drop Top and a Classic. I think I'm going to stick with the 25 1/2" scale Andersons, since I've now played several, they also have a great tone and I'm so used to the 25 1/2" scale (especially on the higher frets) and the thinner necks. 4 days ago I just ordered a completely custom guitar, 25 1/2", with my old nickname and graphics, floyd, etc. Right now I'm also looking for a new Anderson (probably Drop Top with M's, standard neck) and if the tone satifies my need, I may decide to get rid of this Cobra S. It still is in absolutely new condition and the gold looks really cool in person. 07-23-03P.

bigdaddyd
11-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Great guitar, the Cobra S is my favorite Anderson.