PDA

View Full Version : guitar of the week

Two of One
12-28-2003, 12:22 PM
man is guitar of the week cool! all those inbetween tones. I love the new color too.

one question: is it available with a regular sized humbucking in the bridge if i want even hotter bridge sounds to go with the hotter neck and middle tones of the m-series pickups, because the m3 says it is a stepped-up vintage humbucker and I could go for even more than that at the bridge but the minis in the other two spots sound just right.

two

tom
12-29-2003, 10:00 PM
yes it is, i have an h2 in the bridge of mine with 2 m1's in neck and middle.

michaelomiya
12-29-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by tom
yes it is, i have an h2 in the bridge of mine with 2 m1's in neck and middle.

tom, this may already have been covered, but will there be an upcharge on the m p/up's?
thanks.
mike.

jness
12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi Tom,

Joe Ness here. This is awesome!

My question is what do you hear as the differences between using an H2 in the bridge versus an M3 in the bridge? How do the split sounds differ? Have you tried a full set of M series in a 25.5" scale guitar yet?

This week's GOTW is truly awesome!

My best to everyone there at the shop!

tom
12-30-2003, 11:32 PM
so far, and i say that because i haven't been able to a-b with all else equal, the m3 seems tighter and less girthy than the h2. i've been using the h2 for so long that i know exactly what i'm going to get, and my rig is set up for that. more tests to come.
haven't done a full set in a 25.5 scale yet. i still have to do the tooling for pickguards and bodies. we'll be changing the universal route to allow for the middle m series.
no upcharge for the m's. if you get a cobra, there is a $100 up for the third pickup.