PDA

View Full Version : Fires

jimmieb
09-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Thought I'd check in with hopes that someone from TAG could help us to rest easy, and to know if the fires have pasted over our friends in Newbury Park.
Possibly a word about Tom in Texas, if all is well with him too.

Jimmie B

Son of Anderson
09-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Tom is back from Texas. Came back wednesday. The fires are mostly in Simi Valley and Moorpark, so they will have to pass through thousand oaks (where Tom lives) to get to newberry park. All is well so far for the anderson clan. But moorpark and simi valley have been hit rather hard.

jimmieb
09-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks David!

tom
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
it's very smokey at the shop, but no fire close. the air in the spray booth today smelled like bbq chips. boy did i get hungry. one of the guys said it took him 3 hours to get home last night.
on the texas note, the crowder concert was astounding. if they come to your town, do not miss it. they're coming to LA on saturday, and they sold out 10,000 seats at the convention center! couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

taclassic
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I work in Agoura Hills which is about 10 minutes from the Anderson factory. We were evacuated yesterday at lunch time due to the fact that the Oak Park fire got close to us. They were afraid freeway closures would have stranded folks. That and the bad air quility made it hard to bear. I did have co-workers that were both either evacuated from their homes or were given warning of a possible evaucation. My fear was that the fires were right between where I work and where I live. Two days ago the 118 closure caused my commute home to double in time.

Thnigs seem to have calmed a bit, but one never knows with the Santa Ana winds out here.

bruce
10-01-2005, 01:23 AM
First off, Michael Omiya, thanks for calling me the other day... I'v been so busy plus all of the phone calls.. my cellphone battery took a beating. I live in West Hills which was hit fairly hard with surrounding fire Wednesday and Thursday. I'm ok, just a bit rattled from all of the comotion. I have friends that were evacuated and away from their homes for 2 days... it doesn't sound like much but not knowing if you have a house to go home to for 2 days is very stressful. The amazing thing is that there was only 1 or 2 homes that were hit out of hundreds upon hundreds that were threatened in my immediate area. Happy to say that all is well here now. Still a bit smokey though.

nickdahl
10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Fingers crossed, hoping everyone's going to be okay. We have fires like that in Central Oregon, sometimes, but nothing so devastating (because of the population).

Again, here's hoping y'all can breathe easy sometime soon.

Nick