PDA

View Full Version : Close up shot of my Hollow T Classic...

Wbb
09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
This pic of my son using my Hollow T Classic was taken at a recent jam. The guitar I keep coming back too...a fine piece of workmanship! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/MadisonB/Closeandy.jpg

dannopelli
09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Did you always have that B Bender on it?

You are right about those Hollow T Classics. I recently went back to mine too, after a summer of playing other things. It really is a great all around guitar!

Duotones
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
This pic of my son using my Hollow T Classic was taken at a recent jam. The guitar I keep coming back too...a fine piece of workmanship! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/MadisonB/Closeandy.jpg

Wbb,

According to above picture, saddles seem to be changed (they look like graphite saddles by Graphtec).

Why did you change them? I had no chance to use Graphite saddles and so far as I know, there has been some controversies about Graphite saddles.

What is the advantage which can be earned by using Stringsaver saddles (of Graphtec)? I heard that they definitely reduced the breakage of strings, but I just want to know the tonal changes by changing stock saddles to String Savers.

(Can you compare String saver saddles with stock Fishman saddles?)

Thanks,

Jinwon Seo

Wbb
09-27-2005, 06:37 AM
The mods to the Andy are a Fralin blues special in the bridge, Graphtech saddles, and a hipshot B bender. The stock saddles allowed the B string to slide off when bending notes above the 9th fret. The Graphtechs simply have a slot that keeps the string in place, otherwise I was not having any trouble with the stock ones breaking strings.

You guys have good attention to detail, did you also notice the little teflon tube on the B string had slid out of place? :rolleyes:

ryman150
09-27-2005, 08:29 AM
A buddy of mine stuck a b-bender hip shot on this contoured hollow t. It's fun to play. By the looks of your son's fingers, seems to be that he is chickin' pickin' away on that tele...haha! I have a butterscotch hollow t classic twin to yours. Just stock. Which neck do you have? Mine is the small V, 1 5/8" nut. I LOVE it!

Wbb
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
A buddy of mine stuck a b-bender hip shot on this contoured hollow t. It's fun to play. By the looks of your son's fingers, seems to be that he is chickin' pickin' away on that tele...haha! I have a butterscotch hollow t classic twin to yours. Just stock. Which neck do you have? Mine is the small V, 1 5/8" nut. I LOVE it!
Yeah, you should see him when he starts chickin' pickin' with his rock band...it actually works in pretty good. He also changes the p'u selector and adjusts the volume & tone knob a lot, not bad for a 15 yr old!

Like yours it's a 1 5/8" V neck.

Casper
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey Bill-
Nice axe! Where do you jam? Is there a place out Powhatan way or Midlo way? Let me know. I am getting involved with a good friend of mine in a blues band project, hope to be gigging around Christmas. It would be cool if they could do a jam up at Frisbys or the County seat?
Later-Shaun

Wbb
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Bill-
Nice axe! Where do you jam? Is there a place out Powhatan way or Midlo way? Let me know. I am getting involved with a good friend of mine in a blues band project, hope to be gigging around Christmas. It would be cool if they could do a jam up at Frisbys or the County seat?
Later-Shaun
Shaun, speaking of the County Seat I'll be playing there Oct 15...stop by if you can, you too Danno. Otherwise I'll keep you in the loop for the next jam, probably in Nov/Dec in Powhatan. The last one was two weeks ago in Crewe, great time, went from noon to about 7:30. Lotsa geetars & amps around!

Casper
09-28-2005, 05:22 AM
Will mark it on the calendar!

dannopelli
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Shaun, speaking of the County Seat I'll be playing there Oct 15...stop by if you can, you too Danno. Otherwise I'll keep you in the loop for the next jam, probably in Nov/Dec in Powhatan. The last one was two weeks ago in Crewe, great time, went from noon to about 7:30. Lotsa geetars & amps around!

OK I have missed just about all your gigs so I will go to this one. Maybe drag the magic DLT along!

Danno

dannopelli
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey Bill.

What time and WHERE IN THE WORLD IS County Seat? :confused:

Danno

Wbb
09-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Bill.

What time and WHERE IN THE WORLD IS County Seat? :confused:

Danno Danno, I'll give you a call :D

Casper
10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Bill, Danno and I just spoke on the phone. I am unfortunately playing at the Jefferson Hotel Saturday and won't be able to make your gig at "the seat". I gave Dan directions. Rats! Its only 10 minutes from my house!
I'll be there in spirit, have a great gig!
Shaun

Wbb
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Bummer Shaun. I think Danno and DTare coming, so we'll just wing it! Have a good one at the Jefferson, NICE gig man :D

Yngve
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
How do you think the Fralin Blues Special sounds compared to a TV3R?