PDA

View Full Version : Pickguard purchase?

RGB
09-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok, I've searched the TA site and the forum and can't find an answer so I'm having to ask for some help here.

First things first. I recently acquired a beautiful Classic with M's in Dakota Red from brian b here on the forum, (my first andy and certainly not my last based on the impression created by this axe). Many thanks to him for a flawless transaction and thanks to the guys at TAG for doing such beautiful work. I just can't believe how well this guitar plays and how great it sounds through all of my amps, (a DR Z Maz 18 jr, an '81 Marshall JMP 2104 w/Rola Creambacks, and an '81 Boogie Mark IIb). I absolutely feel like the M1, M1, M3 combo was created exactly for my style of music....classic tones ala Gary Moore, Johnny Winter, Blackmore, etc....I can't say enough good things about this guitar/pickup combo and the 62 roundback, which felt a little chunky at first, is, (after 2 weeks of gigging), the best neck profile I've ever felt for my hands...totally effortless with no fatigue. I really feel that this guitar makes me sound way better than I am!.....and having it will make the wait a little easier while I have that Hot Rod ProAM T built!

Ok, enough gushing. Now to my question. Can I purchase a pickguard for the 3 M's setup in an antique white pearl somewhere?

Thanks again for a very informative forum and for the obvious passion that you guys have for these instruments, which forced me to make a purchase which has really enhanced my musical experience!

Rick

brian b
09-26-2005, 09:20 AM
JUst contact Tom thru the web site they can hook you up. It is the only way

enr1co
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Congrats on your first Anderson! That dakota red classic w/Ms is a beauty!

You can place an order for a pickguard directly by calling the friendly folks at the factory.

Anderson pickguards are custom fabricated per their body shape, p/u, config, etc. so there is no "fender" or off the shelf/catalog" pickguard available that will fit.

Here's a quote from Tom ( pricing effective May 2005)

"$60 for pg in fancy colors, $35 in white or black."

Shipping is extra.

Hope this helps,

e

RGB
09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Congrats on your first Anderson! That dakota red classic w/Ms is a beauty!

You can place an order for a pickguard directly by calling the friendly folks at the factory.

Anderson pickguards are custom fabricated per their body shape, p/u, config, etc. so there is no "fender" or off the shelf/catalog" pickguard available that will fit.

Here's a quote from Tom ( pricing effective May 2005)

"$60 for pg in fancy colors, $35 in white or black."

Shipping is extra.

Hope this helps,

e

I guess that certainly DOES help! Many thanks...for the info and the congratulations!