PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul std faded/Jimmi Page sign.

morty
09-23-2005, 04:21 AM
First of all I must admit that I have no understanding for those guys that pay more to get a guitar look old and with marks and worn finnish!!!

I use my guitars live, and it's impossible to not get marks and some damagees on the finish, but I like my guitars lokk nice and shiny!!

I reasently read a test in a Norwegian music Mag. Between a very expensive Jimmi Page signature, with worn neck and finish, and bruses and marks.. old types tuning pegs and so on..

It turned out exactly as I tought!! The Jimmi Page model was a very good LP with fat tone and sustain.. price in US dollar 18071

The Std Faded had a very god and tight feel and one of the best sonic characteristics he had heard on a LP.. He personaly liked the std. Faded better!! price in US dollar 3457

The guy that tested the guitars have played a wide range of LP,s from standard to expensive models and custom shop..

I am never going to by a relic guitar for it looks and expensive price!!

And I don,t understand why relic gutars are so popular among Gibson and Fender!!

tom
09-23-2005, 10:04 AM
it's the romance of the old guitars, it is not a rational thing. it's where the heart takes over for the brain. that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

sylvanshine
09-23-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't think there is a more divisive issue in guitars right now than the relic.

Personally, I love the look of a beat up old Butterscotch tele with the black pickguard or a well-worn sunburst Strat. I wish the playability was better, which is why I play Andersons.

I do think that a relic feels better in my hands compared to a brand new one. And to my ears they can sound better sometimes. I A/B'd a Gary Rossington signature 1961 Gibson SG (which is beat to hell by Tom Murphy) against it's twin that wasn't relic'd and bought the Rossington. It felt and played better to me.

And I think that is the key right there. Buy what plays and sounds better, regardless of showroom condition.

tom
09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
the key to your answer is that you compared two guitars, not 100 guitars. some relics may sound better, some non relics mat sound better. buy what you like!

sylvanshine
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
That's why I buy yours. Still headed to Waco Tom? Take your waders.

Suriel Zayas
09-23-2005, 03:47 PM
.. price in US dollar 18071

let me do a little math here......hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm.......18071 divided by.....carry the 1 and that's 6 billion andersons.....no brainer i'll give a few to each of my friends

tom
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
still headed to waco on monday. supposed to go to houston on tuesday, not sure what's gonna happen there. dang.

jimmieb
09-23-2005, 08:42 PM
still headed to waco on monday. supposed to go to houston on tuesday, not sure what's gonna happen there. dang.

Are you going to DC*B release party?

Jimmie B

tom
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
yes, and the next night in houston if all is well there.

jimmieb
09-24-2005, 05:28 PM
yes, and the next night in houston if all is well there.

We'll pray for traveling mercies. Be Safe! Have fun!

Jimmie B

GaryMcT
09-24-2005, 08:16 PM
We'll pray for traveling mercies. Be Safe! Have fun!

Jimmie B

I hope everything is good. I just heard from my relatives down in that area and they are all okay.