PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Feiten and Eb Tuning...

ryman150
09-23-2005, 01:27 AM
If I have a guitar in Eb - Crowdster to be exact (with the saddle already "set" in place), how does the Buzz Feiten thing work? I don't think my Korg DT-7 will work... was thinking about picking up a Strobo...

I think David Crowder has 2 Crowdsters - 1 in E and 1 in Eb ...what does he do??

Any info is greatly appreciated...

tom
09-23-2005, 10:08 AM
the dt7 has an eb mode. go to calibrate, and page till is says F for flat. i know, F? they only had one character so they did F for eFlat. crowder now tunes both guitars in eb, the natural one is normal eb tuning, the sunburst on is in his EBEEAE tuning but down a half step. he doesn't use a feiten tuner, just what ever's handy.

flwehr
09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
The Strobostomp is brilliant for BF drop tuning. You set it up once and it's done.

ryman150
09-24-2005, 01:56 AM
With the strobo stomp, can you switch between Eb and E modes easily? It'd be great to be able to switch between them with just stomping the pedal...

GaryMcT
09-24-2005, 02:39 AM
It's not quite that simple. You need to hit some buttons that aren't very stompable to switch. If I were you, I'd pick up two of 'em and have one set for E and one for E-flat. As a side note, if you aren't using the DI out from the storobstomp, you can switch 'em to true bypass mode.

GaryMcT
09-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Another thing. . you are likely going to want the Buzz Feiten acoustic setting on the strobostomp for you Crowster (if you don't use super-light strings), and you'll want Buzz Feiten electric for your electrics.

ryman150
09-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I was just thinking... in the Buzz Feiten mode, isn't it just chromatic anyways, so I could tune to E or Eb? Or is there an E mode and an Eb mode??

GaryMcT
09-25-2005, 03:14 AM
I was just thinking... in the Buzz Feiten mode, isn't it just chromatic anyways, so I could tune to E or Eb? Or is there an E mode and an Eb mode??

You set it to BFE (or BFA for acoustic), and then you separately set +-5 semitones in the direction that you want to tune. I would assume that this is just icing to make it so that you can pretend that you are always tuning in E (it renames the notes to via the offset). . not sure if it actualy affects the BF offsets. . doesn't seem like it would.

GaryMcT
09-25-2005, 04:22 AM
It could be that if you don't specify that you are doing an E-flat tuning, it isn't going to know which strings you are playing the notes on. Specifically, there are offsets programmed into the tuner for particular notes. . if you are tuning something else besides those notes, I'm not sure what algorithm it uses to derive the correct offsets.

MarkW
09-26-2005, 12:01 PM
The strobostomp is a great purchase.Highly recommend it. The peterson "sweetened" tunings do wonders for guitars without buzz feiten tuning.

ryman150
09-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Just bought two - 1 for electric and 1 for acoustic boards... The display on one of them seems to be a bit brighter than the other. This kinda bugs me. Should this be a concern??