PDA

View Full Version : Neil Schon

brian b
09-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Any one remember the white classic he played. Was watching a few of thier old videos and saw what looked 3 humbuckers. Just thought it looked cool.

tom
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
he has/had about 5 or 6 classics. he had a guy put the fernandes sustainer and roland synth in most of them.

brian b
09-21-2005, 08:30 PM
That would explain the other buttons on the back

GaryMcT
09-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I saw a bunch of his stuff up for sale a while back. . made me sad for some reason.

Casper
09-22-2005, 05:53 AM
What a great player. I remember sitting in my bedroom trying to learn the solos on 'Stone in Love' and 'Girl can't help it'. I miss melodic guitar on radio...come to think of it, I haven't heard anything inspiring on top 40 or rock in quite awhile...(just my tastes only)
Shaun

Stys
09-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I saw him with Paul Rogers. He was playing a natural swamp ash classic with gold hardware. They did a bunch of Hendrix tunes. Shortly thereafter, I saw him in a Journey video playing the white classic. That evening I called the local Anderson dealer who promptly put me through to Roy. I haven't been the same since -thanks, Roy!

dannopelli
09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
What a great player. I remember sitting in my bedroom trying to learn the solos on 'Stone in Love' and 'Girl can't help it'. I miss melodic guitar on radio...come to think of it, I haven't heard anything inspiring on top 40 or rock in quite awhile...(just my tastes only)
Shaun

Richie Sambora is still around. I think he might ahve an Andy or two also.

BoraBora
09-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I love Neal's playing. I saw him playing with his Anderson in the early 90s when he was in the band Hardline. :eek:

He was playing a different Anderson after every couple of songs, it was sweet. He had some very nice Classics. :)

Big Mike
10-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Neal Rules!!!!

He do go through gear though. Just sold off a ton of PRS with floyd's, sustainers, etc. too.