PDA

View Full Version : anderson ebay auction to aid hurricaine katrina fund

Suriel Zayas
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
just in case no one saw this from the anderson site......

Hurricane Katrina Assistance: Love has always been the answer, right in front of us at every moment. We must pull together now for the good of, not just the gulf coast, but all the world, lifting each other to new heights. Anderson Guitarworks will be building two very special guitars, a Cajun Red, Drop Top and a Desert Sunset, Drop Top T, to be auctioned on eBay with all proceeds going to Hurricane relief. We ask you to join us in making this a meaningful contribution.
Love,
All of us at Anderson Guitarworks

fractal
09-16-2005, 11:23 AM
If Anderson builds the guitar before the auction, some people might not like the configuration, and therefore not bid. It would be cool to auction a "custom order" Drop Top and Drop Top T (even if the color WAS set beforehand) where someone - upon winning the auction - could pick their neck size, shape, pickups, etc.

I think it is a very cool gesture either way, but a custom offer might raise more money for relief because more people can bid on it. (I couldn't use a guitar with the standard neck, for example.)

-Garrett

Suriel Zayas
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
garrett, that might get a little hairy with people speccing out their own taste. i believe the intention behind it is building 2 "special edition" guitars that would go up for auction, such as, the 9/11 stars & stripes.

enr1co
09-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Very cool and generous fund raiser!
Hope to see them soon and jump in on the bidding!

e

tom
09-16-2005, 12:24 PM
the 2 guitars will have pretty "normal" features making them appeal to a wide audience.

dannopelli
09-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Well I'll be looking for them that's for sure!

mwoeppel
09-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Let us know, so we can bid!!