PDA

View Full Version : Doug Derryberry- GOTW

bud
09-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Dear Mr. Maybe (et al),

What a treat. I open GOTW, see the first photo and think, wow I was thinking I wanted to order a DTC like "that guitar player in Bruce Hornsby's band" and someone has beat me to it. (except mine would have M's :) ). Turns out I'm safe, it was said guitarists' guitar.

Thank you for profiling a great talent on GOTW. I have really enjoy Doug's playing in the Hornsby band. Doug really serves the moment with whatever is needed, be it guitar, mando, or his voice (the guy can really sing).

The just released Three Nights on the Town DVD is just incredible musically, a totally monster band and Doug really shines. Now back to dreaming about a DTC or Classic with a tortoise shell pickguard.

njjessee
09-05-2005, 07:17 AM
I happened to catch Doug playing with Hornsby on TV a couple of weeks ago. Very enjoyable.

Tom - can you tell me more about the trem on Doug's guitar? I had a DT made in 2000 with a similar trem arm. I've always preferred it over the ones with the plastic tip. Are they still available?

Noah

tom
09-05-2005, 11:42 AM
that was a bridge we had made for us by gotoh, they eneded up clling it 1055FE. it had steel saddles and baseplate and a zinc block. the arm is a in 6mm push in style. they are still available, and we still use them on our lrft handed guitars as our current supplier does not make a lefty version.