PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a meaty pickup?

sylvanshine
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
This fake Anderson caught my eye on eBay. Take a look at the description on the pickups. Now that is meaty!

(Anderson) Guitar Works with humbugers (http://cgi.ebay.com/TOM-ANDERSON-GUITAR-WORKS-LEAD-GUITAR-WITH-C-C_W0QQitemZ7346509157QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem)

brian b
08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
But can I get pickles an cheese with that.

guitarzan
08-29-2005, 05:37 PM
oh, there's plenty of cheese on that already...

tom
08-29-2005, 06:06 PM
i remember when we used that cool headstock, ah those were the days. well... not really. i wonder what part of that guitar he thinks had anything to do with us?

King Cobra
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
i remember when we used that cool headstock, ah those were the days. well... not really. i wonder what part of that guitar he thinks had anything to do with us?

Looks more like a Tyler then a TA............Too bad its a LEAD guitar.......I wanted a Rythm one......... :rolleyes:

guitarzan
08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Too bad its a LEAD guitar.......I wanted a Rythm one......... :rolleyes:

lol

I dunno, I would assume that I fine guitar maker (like Tom, who made this one) would offer a Rhythm Model as well. I think he just swaps out the Humbuger pups for another set... something less meaty. Although I imagine that a Humbuger can still work on the Rhythm Model as well if you just scrape the volume off a bit. I'm sure it's just a matter of taste.

dkaplowitz
08-30-2005, 07:40 AM
lol
I think he just swaps out the Humbuger pups for another set... something less meaty.
Do you get fries with that humbuger? :D

funalij
08-30-2005, 07:54 AM
And I wonder if someone had asked the seller if finish is ketchup color to complete humburgers :D :D

dkaplowitz
08-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi,

What part of this guitar was actually made by Tom Anderson Guitar Works?

Also, what's a "HUMBUGER"? Is that someone who hates Christmas but after getting visited by 3 ghosts has a change of heart and becomes a nice guy, or is it a fried chopped beef patty on bread? Either way, your description of the guitar made me hungry.

Thanks!

Dave

Darnit! I forgot to ask him if the fries came with it. :mad:

Mark Dunn
08-30-2005, 07:58 AM

Probably comes with an Anderson strap. :D

sylvanshine
08-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Probably comes with an Anderson strap. :D

(Tom Anderson) strap :)

tom
08-30-2005, 09:56 AM
our new advanced single coil is going to be called the hot dug.

olectric
08-30-2005, 10:10 AM

...so you're coming out with new advanced single coils? Did you just give out secret information?

<small> I'm on to you. </small>

sylvanshine
08-30-2005, 10:27 AM

Can you give us a ballpark idea of what it sounds like? Bada bing! Is this thing on? (tap) (tap)

tom
08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
it's all beef, and has a nice pop when you bite it.

guitarzan
08-30-2005, 11:53 AM
one of the things I've learned from doing sessions is that producers and engineers are always using the oddest adjectives when asking for the right tone. "I want something more orange with a touch of beano and some knuckle drag to it. Also, can you give me that 'teeth-on-the-neck' feel?"

But now, FINALLY, with these new advanced single coil Hot Dugs, I'll be able to deliver when they ask for that "lips, hooves, and holes" sound!

Thanks, Tom!

tom
08-30-2005, 12:49 PM
we aim to please. producers are always looking for that new meaty sound.

Casper
08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Before my fellow richmond forum bros (danno, noah and bill) chime in..
That guitar is actually made and sold by a local guitar shop in Richmond ....Guitar Works. They are primarily a high end acoustic store (Taylor, Martin and some fender elec.) but either make or get cheap these guitars mostly for their students. How they make the TA association is beyond me. They guy selling this apparently lives in a burb just outside of my fair town..
Oh the pain.... :rolleyes:

Shaun

Wbb
08-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, unfortunately this guy lives close by. :eek: His response to "Dave" is pathetic and uninformed. No connection to TAG whatsoever...doesn't Ebay pull these kinds of auctions when alerted?

tom
08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
they will pull anything for us that has our logo on it because that is a trademark violation. i've had such bad luck in the past with non trademark stuff that i just let it go. it's usually as stupid as this one so it really doesn't cause a problem.

njjessee
08-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Well! To think I live in the same town! Oh the shame of it all!

Actually, this is the second time I've heard the name Tom Anderson associated with Guitar Works. The first was in a conversation with a young man who purchased a bass from Guitar Works. When he asked who made my guitar, I responded Tom Anderson. If memory serves correct, he said, "Oh you bought your guitar from Guitar Works too!" Thinking he had his music stores mixed up, I said no, Richmond Music and that was the end of that. That was over a year ago.

Now this...

Noah

dannopelli
08-31-2005, 11:28 PM

Yep that is from the Guitar Works store in Richmond. Small shop, sells Fender products, Martin and Taylor, and their own "Guitar Works" house brand. I believe they are made in Korea.

http://www.guitarworksinc.com/

Of course they have NOTHING to do with TAG. Interestingly, often when I wear a TA T shirt folks ask if I work at "Guitar Works!"

Sixx
09-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Perhaps he needs to add some John Holmes pickups er I mean Tom Holmes..