PDA

View Full Version : Any Two Rock owners out there?....what are they like?

tlp1
08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
have heard good things about the. anyone have one?

killerburst
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I know this: Two Rocks are better than one. :D

MapleGuitar
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I owned a Ruby for a while. Killer tone, a very high gain monster, but WAY too noisy for me.

JoeB63
09-10-2005, 07:53 PM
I have one. It's like a black box with a handle on top, knobs on the front and some kind of bulbs in the back.

And it makes a nice sound when I plug my electric guitar in it and then start to play.

tom
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
nice description joe. i had the same experience this weekend when i plugged into a black box, but the knobs were on the top. they still worked when i turned them.

tlp1
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I have one. It's like a black box with a handle on top, knobs on the front and some kind of bulbs in the back.

And it makes a nice sound when I plug my electric guitar in it and then start to play.

Joe, if you don't mind, can you tell me a little more? What model do you have, and what other amp is it close to. I don't know of any dealers where I live, so I can't try one. Thanks :D

korinabill
10-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I had an Opal for a while. It is an amazing sounding amp, point to point handwired. 50 watts from what I remember. For me also, it is way too loud and very hard to control down to a lower volume. I would barely turn it to "1" and it's blasting. I used it for half of our church band CD through Pro Tools, cranked way up in the studio and it was great. I could never use it in the church band live because we have electronic drums and it would blast through everything. If you ever need something for a fairly high volume band with real drums, I highly recommend the Opal. Very, very excellent & creamy overdrive tones, but it's gonna be loud. I saw where Two Rock is making a 22 watt Opal, but I haven't seen one yet. I have, at the moment a Mesa F50, not too bad, actually. It has a compression feature for the overdrive channel that I really like. It's an A/B and I can control the volume more easily than on the Opal.

I am looking for something that sounds comparable to that type of amp but is 15 watts if anyone has any ideas. I'm wondering about a Carr Mercury???