PDA

View Full Version : M1 neck pickup too bright

oscar100
08-23-2005, 01:51 AM
guys

im using teh M1 neck pickup which is a little bright - what capacitor value should i use in teh mahogany classic t tyo smooth it out a bit?

:D

brian b
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I simply roll the tone back a touch to take the brightness out. A whole lot simplier than changing the caps, which would effect the rest of the pu's.

Roy (maybe)
08-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Too bright? That is surprising to me—amp settings? Do you need a neck humbucker perhaps? Just for fun try a .0047uf cap from the hot of the M1 to ground. This way the circuit will only be affected when M1 is in the circuit.

Maybe

dannopelli
08-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Maybe check PUP height? One of the reasons I enjoy the M's is the warm tone. Hmmm...

guitarzan
08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
this is surprising to me as well. How does the tone sound when using the bridge pup? Could it be your amp settings?

bruce
08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
That pick up is definintely NOT a bright pick up... Check the distance between the string and p.u.... should be around 1/8'' on each end while holding down both of the E strings at the last fret. You can get these p.u.'s close to the strings without any negative results.

The other thing to consider (like the others have mentioned) what other p.u. are you comparing it to? And, your amp may be the thing to look into after you've set the p.u. height.

Last but not least... is it wired correctly?