PDA

View Full Version : Missed an Awesome guitar...

Tonewolf
08-16-2005, 04:10 PM
I missed out on the Tom Anderson Classic Fiesta Red in the for sale section. It was setup just how I like em. Man What a looker! :eek:

It reminds me of the Eric Johnson Strat I played at the not so local shop. That one was a real player also if anyone wants to know.

brian b
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
To bad you were not looking for a Dakota red I got one that is fixen to be up for sell. :D

dpeterson
08-17-2005, 08:50 AM
To bad you were not looking for a Dakota red I got one that is fixen to be up for sell. :D

pix pix info info :)

dave

brian b
08-17-2005, 09:15 AM
It is the red classic I will get more pics when it gets back from Tom. Here are the specs. it is a former GOTW.
MODEL: – The Classic

• FINISH: – Dakota Red
• BODY WOOD: – Alder
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – 62 Roundback
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Aged White
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Bridge Push/Pull & VA Booster Toggle—for 14 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – Coffee Dipped
Charley's sent it back and had M's put in it before I got new. I just had it sent back to have the headstock painted to match a the classic t I have for sell, but got bitten by the Atom bug so they both are going bye bye. Great guitars though, it also will come back with a new set up.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/bcbtoby/anderson005.jpg

Tonewolf
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
How do pos 2 and 4 sound with those pickups? Looking for a Strat like sound in those positions. QUACK

brian b
08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
To me it sounds just like a strat the only diference in those postion's is it is a little fuller. As far as the rest it is very start like with a bit more edge and fullness.

Tonewolf
08-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Having a hard time justifying a guitar that is about $1800 more than a Fender Deluxe Strat which my wife loved the tone of. ( Me Too )
I Know the BF system is installed on these but a dealer is a friend of mine and it's not that much to do.

brian b
08-19-2005, 07:09 AM
I do have another one for sell a 97 classic in burgandy mist it is verry good condition. You can see it at http://www.andersonalley.com And it does fender betterthan fender it has the vintage single coils. in it. Just trying to clean house and pay bills so I can get another Atom.

sylvanshine
08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Having a hard time justifying a guitar that is about $1800 more than a Fender Deluxe Strat which my wife loved the tone of. ( Me Too )
I Know the BF system is installed on these but a dealer is a friend of mine and it's not that much to do.

Play one, then you'll understand. :)

bruce
08-19-2005, 11:43 AM

That's like trying to justify the Ford Pinto vs. the Cadillac... Come to think of it, the Cadillac's ride is too soft, the air conditioning is too cold, and the brakes work too good... Why is the Cady more?

guitarzan
08-19-2005, 12:54 PM

Yeah, i gotta say, i sold an Am. Dlx Strat to cover the cost of my first Anderson in Dec of '01 and the first thing I recognized was that playing guitar became a lot more effortless. It removed the the guitar as an obstacle (physically and tonally) and helped me concentrate on my physical dexterity and note choice a lot more. It was like, "well, there's one less thing to worry about". It's like the Anderson gave me one less conduit to suck through.

Play an Anderson and then play one plugged in. Your wife might leave you for the guitar itself. :)

And also, the differences between a BF-equipped Anderson and a BF-equipped guitar with an aftermarket modification are like the differences between a mercedes benz and a ford equipped with aftermarket mercedes-style wheels. The differences are from the ground up and the heart of the guitar outward, not just the fit and finish.

andersonguy
08-19-2005, 01:31 PM

get a used Anderson then.. ;)

Big Jim
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi Brian,

Im digging that Pink number in the picture....what color i sthat?

Thanks,
Jim

brian b
08-20-2005, 07:33 AM
It is burgandy mist and for sale.

Fiesta Red
08-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Can you email me about the Dakota classic? Is it still for sale? How much? Stratrn-gear@yahoo.com

-Mark