PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Andersons at Northwest Guitars!

GaryMcT
08-16-2005, 12:07 AM
It's nice to have a local store with a selection of Andersons. I'm in no way affiliated, but I do like having a local shop with high quality equipment! The hollow Atom is especially sweet!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/GaryMcT/anderson005.jpg

Dave K
08-16-2005, 01:16 AM
That's a nice collection Kevin and Vinnie have on the wall.Maybe a couple T types are in the future,too? I predict someone will have a few more by years end. ;)

GaryMcT
08-16-2005, 02:30 AM
That's a nice collection Kevin and Vinnie have on the wall.Maybe a couple T types are in the future,too? I predict someone will have a few more by years end. ;)

You aren't implying that I'm going to buy more, eh? :)

I'm holding out for my drop top that is on order. I played Vinnie's Drop Top recently. . . I completely forgot how awesome the SA's sound!

The Hollow Atom there through the Randall modular Plexi module is insane sounding. I'm pretty sure that I don't want to A/B my Atom and the hollow Atom. . .I don't want to know if the hollow one sounds better.

The green Cobra has an all-rosewood neck if you've ever been interested in checking that out.

I could see a classic in my future. I want a set of v-drums before then though. :) I guess I'd better finish another game. . . . .

tmihm
08-16-2005, 07:10 AM
That is a gorgeous Atom!

My local place never usually has more than a couple in stock. :confused:

Big Mike
08-17-2005, 02:03 AM
I love the DT on the top left. Whoa!

Fiesta Red
08-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Wonder what the specs are on that red classic?

-Mark

GaryMcT
08-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Fiesta Red, I found out for you.

The serial number is 12-03-04p. Here are the specs from the serial number search on the anderson page:

Model - Classic
Body Finish - Translucent Red
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Satin Finish
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - White Pearloid
Pickups - VA1 VA1R VA2
Switching - 5 Way, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -
BFTS

If you want to get a hold of NW Guitars, call or email info@northwestguitars.com or 425-284-1960 and ask for Kevin or Vinnie.

Fiesta Red
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Very cool! Thanks. I'm gonna call them Monday.

-Mark

spitalny
09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I ordered a Tom Anderson Classic through Northwest Guitars and it was simply a pleasure through and through. The guitar is great(!) and Kevin and Vinnie are courteous, friendly and obviously care on a personal level that their customers are happy and get the right gear!

I am a very satisfied customer!!

Paul Spitalny

GaryMcT
09-07-2005, 07:03 PM
I ordered a Tom Anderson Classic through Northwest Guitars and it was simply a pleasure through and through. The guitar is great(!) and Kevin and Vinnie are courteous, friendly and obviously care on a personal level that their customers are happy and get the right gear!

I am a very satisfied customer!!

Paul Spitalny

Are you the guy with the amazing classic that was the guitar of the week a while back (the week after mine)?

Gary

GaryMcT
09-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Very cool! Thanks. I'm gonna call them Monday.

-Mark

Did you get a chance to talk to them?

GaryMcT
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Ah ha!! This must be your's Paul.

http://www.andersonguitars.com/cfPages/displayGOW.cfm?status=archive&theWeek=31&theYear=2005

That is a very very sweet looking guitar.

spitalny
09-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Yah, that would be mine. I really like it...it is definitely different from my old Strat and I am still learning a lot about the volume tone and mini switch. Lots more sounds and much to learn!!

It is a beaut isn't it! Credit goes to the folks at TA and Northwest guitars! In particular, Roy (at TA) gave me a lot of help in deciding what to get and his advice was really good!

P.

GaryMcT
09-09-2005, 12:07 AM
I've been threatening to have a Anderson enthusiast get together in the Seattle area (maybe at NW Guitars?) Would you be interested?