PDA

View Full Version : Hollow T is neck heavy

Page
08-10-2005, 09:53 AM
The Hollow T I own is a near perfect guitar. The one thing that is slightly off-putting is that its neck heavy. So far I've tried the usual non-slip strap options but I'd rather do something about the actual balance of the guitar itself. I've seen a strap made by a company called Strapture. These seem to reposition the strap to the back of the guitar. Anyone any experience of these? An extended strap peg on the top edge would be better but I've never seen one commercially available. Don't get me wrong, I love the guitar but I'd like to get a better balance on the strap if I could. Anyone got any ideas?

tom
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
that certainly can be an issue. make sure you are using the bottom button. we have actually put stick on tire balancing weights in one for a guy. we stuck them to the inside edgenear the jack. it helped but did of course add some weight.

rfield54
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Here's the solution I came up with, if you don't mind adding a little weight. You'll need two things: 1) a knife belt case, and a lead weight. The knife belt case I use is a Swiss Army brand for their larger knife, made of cordura nylon 2) a lead weight from one of those strap on leg weights sold in sporting goods stores. Get the type with velcro pockets that hold the lead bars. I think each bars weighs around 1.5 lbs, which is plenty. Now, sew the holder onto the bottom of the strap in the upright position (when strap is on you), as close to the straplock as possible. You really only need to fasten in two places: near the bottom and the top of the holder. Slip in the weight AND YOU ARE SET! :eek: