PDA

View Full Version : SK-1....what is this pickup, and how to wire it?

Sir Ricardo
08-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello:

I've had an Anderson SK-1 pickup for a quite a while now, and I just got around to installing it in my DTC.

It sounds excellent. Somewhat like a beefy single-coil. Less mids than my SAs, I think. I've got it in the bridge position.

It is single-coil sized in terms of width, but it is deeper than a regular single-coil by about 1/2 inch.

I like it, and would like to understand just what it is. A few questions:

1) It has 4 wires: black, red, white, and green. I've installed it using the red and white leads. Black and green are left alone. With this wiring set-up, it reads 5.8 ohms. Is this the best way of wiring it up? What might my options be?

2) Is this a single-coil, or HB, or stacked single-coil?

3) What current Anderson (or non-Anderson) pickups most closely resemble this one, in terms of tone?

Thanks much for any thoughts - -

Richard

tom
08-07-2005, 04:20 PM
that's the first stack we did, so it is a stacked humbucker, meant to sound like a single coil. it does have less mids than our current SD and SA1's, probably less output as well. for humcancelling, red is hot, black and bare to ground and green and white get tied together and go nowhere. that was really intended for the neck or middle position so it may be a little weak for the bridge position.

kirkham13
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
A forum member recently gave me 2 sk1's neither of which is marked reverse. Can I wire them both as described above for the neck and middle, and throw an sf2 in the bridge? Or could I put an sf1 in the neck and the sk's in the middle and bridge (which I rarely use)? Any thoughts......... I want the pickups to be bright, chimey if possible, scooped is ok.... I guess an extended high end is my goal. T/A Strat is ash and psaliander/maple neck....