PDA

View Full Version : Question for Michael Omiya

pluto
12-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Aloha braddah, I was just looking on the Harmony Central reviews on Mark Cameron mods and saw that you posted something on him a few years back when he was with Standel. I was just wondering how you feel about your overall experience having your amp modded by Mark C. and if you would do it again. I'm contemplating (I know this might be heresy for some) having him mod my Bog. Shiva to get it a more aggressive John Norum like tone. He told me he could do it which would be interesting since my shiva is a 6L6 model. Thanks in advance, Mark

michaelomiya
12-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by pluto
Aloha braddah, I was just looking on the Harmony Central reviews on Mark Cameron mods and saw that you posted something on him a few years back when he was with Standel. I was just wondering how you feel about your overall experience having your amp modded by Mark C. and if you would do it again. I'm contemplating (I know this might be heresy for some) having him mod my Bog. Shiva to get it a more aggressive John Norum like tone. He told me he could do it which would be interesting since my shiva is a 6L6 model. Thanks in advance, Mark

Mark, I have had great results w/ my Cameron-modded JCM 800. I also have the original prototype "chickenhead" mod ('79, 100W JMP2203) that the H-C forum's been touting as the "original" Aldrich/Norum head, and that all recent mods are based (supposedly). To be honest, I prefer the VH mod that Cameron provided on the JCM800 over the Aldrich chickenhead. It cuts better in a band context and w/o all of the "recto"-type, low-end flapping, that so many people dig nowadays. Please check your email and PM boxes.

pluto
12-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
Mark, I have had great results w/ my Cameron-modded JCM 800. I also have the original prototype "chickenhead" mod ('79, 100W JMP2203) that the H-C forum's been touting as the "original" Aldrich/Norum head, and that all recent mods are based (supposedly). To be honest, I prefer the VH mod that Cameron provided on the JCM800 over the Aldrich chickenhead. It cuts better in a band context and w/o all of the "recto"-type, low-end flapping, that so many people dig nowadays. Please check your email and PM boxes.

Much mahalos braddah Mike. I'll check my pm box. Thanks again, I appreciate your help, Mark