PDA

View Full Version : Atom: Long Term Test Drive

sylvanshine
07-29-2005, 01:37 PM
OK, after seriously digging in on my Atom, here are some deeper observations.

1) Haven't broken a string yet. The Pigtail saddles are genius.

2) Adjusting the action is a two fold approach. The bridge height seems to handle the upper end of the neck, while the truss rod handles the lower. The subtle interplay between the two is key.

3) It plays better with the action set higher than you would normally (if you are a low action guy like me).

4) In answer to an earlier question about the stop tail falling out of the studs, it isn't as secure as a Tone Pros, but no where near as goosy as a TOM.

5) Pickups: I moved the H2+ to the neck and was amazed at the fullness. Not overpowering at all. Great clean jazz tones to singing lead tones (I'm from the Neal Schon solo fan club).

6) Back of the neck: the new satin finish stain is awesome. Never gets sticky or feels tacky at all.

7) An intangible: I can't explain it, but the Atom just feels different when you play it. I attack notes differently. When you strum a chord, it's like you are feeling every string. There is a connection between you and the guitar that isn't there with my other Andersons. I love how it feels.

Hope that is useful to some of you. Good times. Good times.

brian b
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
So how is the new ??? in the bridge.

sylvanshine
07-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Shhhhhhhhh ;)

brian b
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Better. :D

GaryMcT
07-29-2005, 05:37 PM
I've been playing my Atom (and sometimes my frankenstrat) for a bit now. I made the mistake of actually trying to play another guitar at a guitar store today. It felt really really bad. It was a fairly high end guitar too. Oh well. :)