PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Boogie Lonestar combo

schofnsteen
07-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Anyone try one? Curious.Reviews seem to be good at Harmony Central.Not your typical Mesa Boogie.I'm curious about the ability to easily swap betwwen 6V6 and EL34.Seems very versatile.

dkaplowitz
07-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I've not tried one, but here's (http://www.andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=1711&highlight=Lonestar) a thread from this forum that was active a few months ago about the Lonestar.

John Price
07-24-2005, 09:36 AM
I have the Head version and also tried the 1x12 wide body combo! I've been using the head for about a year now and absolutely love the tones I'm getting. The Combo is really nice but it's a little on the heavy side. I would rather drag a 2x12 cab with the head around to gigs instead of the 1x12 combo. Breaking it up into seperate pieces just makes it easier to move around for me! Plus a head is cooler looking! :cool: ...... :D

And it's 6L6 to EL34's....I tried swapping the tubes and wound up staying with the 6L6's. I didn't care for the clean sound I was getting from the 34's...the overdrive was nice but the overall winner was the 6L6....

Mark Dunn
07-25-2005, 10:05 AM
I was just honored with an artist deal with Boogie, and Tim McKee and Trent Blake have been really raving about the amp. I am currently usinmg a heartbreaker 212 combo live.

I went and checked out the combo on Saturday, and I will say that the clean side is absolutely the way to go......I did not have enough of a chance to tweak the drive channel, but I'm thinking that it will be more dynamic than the Hearbreaker, just from the ability to switch wattage on the fly.

HiG
08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Just bought a Lonestar Special 1x12 - first impressions are WOW!!!!!!!!! Especially the 5 watt setting. Thought about getting a Maverick like I used to have, but tried this out at GC last weekend. Fortunately there was room on the plastic because it was love at first pick. Never tried the 50/100 watter as I tend to favor lower powered amps as a rule. If y'all haven't tried one yet, its definitely worthy of a test drive.

Smokehouse
08-20-2005, 10:06 AM
OK HiG ....You didn't tell me about this aquisition :p I want to hear all about it !!

Is it Vox'ish with the EL84's, or does it have it's own thing going ?

I will try to make it to Arlington for the next Guitar Show so we have to hook up.

Cya Then,

Smoke'

HiG
08-24-2005, 01:27 PM
It can be voxy but can also do many other things. As you well know Smoke, Boogies ain't one-trick ponies.