PDA

View Full Version : About VA`s!?

morty
06-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Could anyone tell me the differents between a VA pickup and the Shure V60?

I have not heard any VA`s, but I am thinking of replacing my SD`s with more classic sounding sigle coils.

Can any one tell me about the VA`s verces the Shure V60`s? Because I can easyli get the V60`s from my local dealer, but I think it`s not so easy to get the Anderson VA`s here in Norway!

morty
07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Have anyone compared the VA`s and the V60`s??

BFC
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I haven't heard them side by side but I've heard both sets over the years. I'd be just fine using either set. They both sound really nice.

funalij
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
First time I played a TA classic with V's, I played a Suhr with V60 LP side by side.

the sound of pickups can't be compared because woods were different (TA -> alder/rosewood, Suhr -> Swamp ash/mapple), but both of them sounded pretty well.

I think whatever you choose, you don't be wrong, both of them sound nice.

Javier

morty
07-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the answers! Since it`s easy for me to get the V60`s I thnk i try them out. I don`t think anyone here in Norway are selling Anderson pickups!!!? If I had a pickguard guitar I would try the M-series.Does anyone know how expensive it is to send pickups to Norway????

oscar100
07-20-2005, 01:30 AM
go with suhr vlp60s if you lik ewarmth and anderson if you like brightness -

i prefer the suhrs cos i find andersons too bright for me but lots of andy users would disagree

JoeB63
07-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I tried them side-by-side (in different guitars of course). I liked the Suhr better in the neck and middle and the TA VA better in the bridge.

But I recently raised the height of the VAs in my Classic and I like the tone better. I did the comparison before I changed that.

Of course a lot depends on the guitar. I played a Tyler with Suhr pickups that really sounded ordinary - nothing special at all. No better than any American Standard Fender that I've played.

sonsop
07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
I think the V60LP sound pretty darn vintage; that is, I think they sound warm and punchy with less articulation than the VA's. The V60 sounds almost exactly like a VA, or so close that changing one to the other won't yield a ton of change. That's what my ears hear, anyway. However, I do hear a perceptible difference in the V60LP - sweeter on the top end, especially if you play mostly clean.

Sir Ricardo
07-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Hello Morty:

I sent you a PM regarding VAs. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers -

Richard