PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tom

Paychek
12-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Tom
After reading one of your posts I found out that you too are a praise & worship musician! I agree with you, I play with a p&w group at our local church and absolutely love it, especially when there are no egos to deal with! We also play lots of cont. praise music. I read that your group plays lots of David Crowders music. Do you have any chord or tab charts that you could share with me, we are always looking for new music to play, and David Crowder is also my fav.
Also, you mentioned that you were looking around for a low wattage amp, I too was on that very quest, and after reading other p&w posts in other gear forums, I ended up with the Dr. Z Maz 18 (1X12) NR (no reverb model). I am very pleased with this amp. It is pedal friendly, and plenty of clean headroom. The cleans on this amp are fantastic. Since I started using the Maz in church, I have had people tell me they really like the tone from my new amp. Check one out! Of course your Carr amp should do the trick also.
The Maz is sweet all Class A! My hollow drop top classic has never sounded better.
The pedals I use are a Exotic AC Booster, and a Fulltone Fulldrive II, with a chorus pedal. Fun Stuff!

Mikey

tom
12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
we have charted most of the crowder stuff our selves, but his site has lots there. for sure he has all the new record there. if there are any particulars, i'd be happy to forward them.
as for amps, the hot plate has changed my life. i have a couple amps that are great but just a little too loud. on the -8db setting, i'm getting all the feel i need from the amp and the sound guy and everyone else on stage is happy too. the rambler and the subway head are the current favs. i mounted the hotplate into the subway head box so i have one less thing to haul. it looks pretty cool too. the older i get, the lazier i get. i have a spare bogner cab that lives at church, so the head is getting all the work these days. again, one less piece to haul. i will have to admit that my silly pedal board weighs more than my amp now.

mbrown3
12-16-2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I'm the director of music at a Baptist church here in PA, absolutely love it. We do both contemporary and traditional stuff, lots of vineyard music. I used to be involved in a Vineyard church plant in this area until I needed to move to a more established church for my seminary internship. Great stuff.

Paychek
12-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Tom
Thanx for leading me to David Crowders website. I found all of the chord charts for the new album, just as you mentioned. Good Stuff! David's newest CD is simply fantastic!
Tom, just curious, what do you have on your pedal board these days?

tom
12-16-2003, 11:59 PM
i posted it somewhere but can't remember where.
RMC wah-line6 distortion-voodoo trem-tc chorus- digitech synth wah-eb vol-dt7tuner-line6 dleay. voodoo pedal pwr 2. all into the front of a boogie subway head with a hotplate set to -8db, into a bogner 1x12 w/vintage 30.
illuminate is one of my favs all time.

sonicparke
01-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by tom
...illuminate is one of my favs all time.

Heck Yeah!!!!!!!