PDA

View Full Version : 90 Hollow T Classic (Grand Am Lam)

bud
06-14-2005, 12:07 PM
My business partner is looking to sell this Anderson w/ old style headstock. It's a beaut. Please PM me if you are interested.

http://www.brainyard.com/ebay/hollow_t.jpg
http://www.brainyard.com/ebay/hollow_t2.jpg

Serial Number - 07-05-90
Model - Grand Am Lam Hollow T
Body Finish - 3 Color Burst
Body Wood - Swamp Ash
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Pau Ferro Fretboard
Neck Finish - Satin Finish
Nutwidth - - 1" 5/8
Frets - - Heavy
Back Shape - Flat
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Tele (added PowerBridge)
Pickguard - White Black White
Pickups - Originally SK1 TK2 (changed to TL1- and TD3+R) NOW TV-1 and TV3R for Vintage Sound!
Switching - 5 Way (Now 3-WAY)

Here's detail on the upgrades

1). Buzz Feiten Tempered Tuning - Bruce did a great job.

2). Fishman PowerBridge - Nice upgrade (whole new bridge plate was installed). It takes full advantage of the great natural acoustic voice of the hollow chambers in this axe. It has a stereo jack - Tip Ring Sleeve.

3). Replaced Pick-Ups with Tele-Style - Vintage TV1 and TV3R with chrome cover (super Cool). It also now is a THREE (3) Position Switch (it originally was a 5-way).

It comes with the original case and is in perfect condition. No major dings or scratches, all hardware is perfect and plays like a dream. I've babied it for years now but it's just time to thin the herd. I also will include the TL1- and TD3+R pickups, 5 position control switch and the original bridge plate as part of the purchase.

I'm hoping it goes to someone who can appreciate for how special it is. So before heading to ebay, he asked me to post it here for consideration. Will consider any offer starting at $1,400.

ddemusic
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Could you email me a couple of pics of the back of the body & neck?
Many Thanks,
dd
ddemusic@comcast.net

bud
06-15-2005, 02:43 PM
dd, will get you additional photo's (and post here) later today/early tomorrow. Everyone's in meetings today. Sorry

Glen

bud
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
A couple of additional pics.

http://www.brainyard.com/ebay/hollowtback.jpg

http://www.brainyard.com/ebay/hollowtplate.jpg

ToneLounge
06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Ooh - I've played this guitar - it's amazing!

bud
11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Now considering offers starting at $1,100

tom
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
makes me wonder if he was serious about not giving back the guitar he was loaned this weekend ;)

bud
11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
makes me wonder if he was serious about not giving back the guitar he was loaned this weekend ;)

Ah yes, he's got the "htc - m series" jones in a bad way.

ToneLounge
11-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Keyword = LOANER

tom
11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
that guitar has along history of long "loans". not the one for sale though.

chasyboy
11-15-2005, 06:44 PM
OK...so this is my first post and I must say that my reasons for selling this gem have nothing to do with the guitar I have on loan to ToneLounge (aka...pure evil). Nor does it have anything to do with a Hollow Cobra that floods my thoughts at inappropriate times. It has to do more with wanting to share, share the love sort of speak of a fine instrument. Now what I would do with the money is hire someone to get my guitar back from ToneMonster and to do it with inflicting the appropriate amount of pain, pain comensurate with that he has afflicted me with...and at the risk of suffering grave, death threats...that by association with Tom for making those M-pickups...the heroin of the guitar world. I'm a tone addict.

As ToneHack said, 'Bri, it's only money....what's money compared to happiness?' I for one, like being married, sleeping in a cozy bed.

So, come on....somebody buy this fine guitar and put me out of my misery.

tom
11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
well said, spoken like the true addict you are. sorry for the pain i have caused.

ToneLounge
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
First I loan you a Cobra, and you have an out-of-body experience... and I get the call..."best tone I've had in years!" Then I send you off with the HTC (evil laugh) - and I don't hear from you in days... only to have to repo said HTC while you're out sick.

Now this. You want more, Mr. Angst?

Stys
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Man, that is a guitar I could use in my Anderson collection. But, like many, I prefer to stay married. Of course, my wife and I may have "that conversation" tonight.

bruce
11-15-2005, 08:21 PM
I remember that guitar too...it is special...great tones will be had by anyone that plays it.

bud
11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
My HTC has not been into the office for awhile. I think it may stay out of sight until this dark chapter is concluded and we get chasyboy's jones under control.

Chasy - This is not the first instance of Tonelounge-Induced-Anderson-Angst. There are healthier ways of dealing with this (for example: you could just order the exact same thing that you were loaned, there is some precedence for that) :D .

Tonelounge Signature Series Anderson (is it model V?) (http://www.andersonguitars.com/cfPages/displayGOW.cfm?status=archive&theWeek=22&theYear=1999)

ToneLounge
11-15-2005, 08:39 PM
The photos above do not do it justice, either. The edge is not really black, but rather a deep brown/dark rust, right?

HiG
11-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey Bud, is this guitar still up for sale? Does the $1100 still apply? If so, let's do it. Thanks,

Marko