PDA

View Full Version : What sounds better

edwarddavis
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I have 3 TA guitars with acoustic pickups built in. I feel the baggs acoustic sounds better than the fishman power bridge and I like the blend control on ther guitar better than using a pedals. I am interested to hear your comments on this. Also do you know why anderson guitars switched to the power bridge?. It just seems to me the old style baggs was better in every way , to ma at least.

dpeterson
05-31-2005, 06:18 AM
i cant comment about the difference in sound, but what i did on my piezo drop top was to put in a control X preamp. pretty slick, i used the vintage voicing switch to use as the toggle for piezo / both / electric. you can unplug the battery and it will still sound the same, doesnt alter the tone at all, it's just a little mixer. i used the tone knob as the blender knob. works like a champ, sounds great. i didnt want to have yet another pedal to contend with.

dave

killerburst
05-31-2005, 09:44 AM
...i used the vintage voicing switch to use as the toggle...

Vintage voicing switch? Never seen a switch for VV on an Anderson before. On all my Andersons (past and present), VV is a resistor network soldered to the pickup selector(s) and automatically enabled on single coil settings. I'd be curious to see a pic of your setup.

dpeterson
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Vintage voicing switch? Never seen a switch for VV on an Anderson before. On all my Andersons (past and present), VV is a resistor network soldered to the pickup selector(s) and automatically enabled on single coil settings. I'd be curious to see a pic of your setup.

hmm.. well i thought thats what it was :). i didnt have the guitar long before i put in the control x. it might have been a coil tap on the bucker.

http://www.stewmac.com/catalog/images_1sm/4833_1sm.jpg
here's a link (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Preamps:_For_transducer_pickups/L_R_Baggs_Control-X_Mixer_Preamp.html)

install was kinda tricky as the pc board was too big top to bottom, so i de-soldered the pot and ran wires to the board instead.

Dave