PDA

View Full Version : TA Crowdster VS Taylor T5

IvanChen
05-23-2005, 08:39 PM
We've obviously all heard of the new Taylor T5 and the nonpareiled(sp?) TA Crowdster. I've recently acquired a new TA Crowdster that I bought and it's gorgeous. However, talking to friends about guitars; what are the real differences? Yeah, the T5 can become an electric guitar. But as far as acoustics how does it compare to the Crowdster? Please respond! I would really like to know, thank you.

-edit-
And for all those avid TA electric guitars what do you think of the T5 electric sound? how does it compare?

bacustic
05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
i have played both and acoustically speaking there is no comparison to me. i played a koa topped T5 that the taylor rep had here in april and acoustically it sounded like a gibson 335 through an acoustic amp. the crowdster is probably the best electrified acoustic sound that i have heard. and the playability, as you know, is second to none.

brian b
05-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Picked up and played a T5 at the Dallas guitar show and it felt nice, sound was little thin to me. Did not get to plug it in though. But juct picked up a Crowdster and not only is the feel the best, just as if you were playing a classic or a pro am. It has got to be the best sound unpluged. It was very resontate and when it was plugged in just great, as they say play's like butter and sounds like melted butter.