PDA

View Full Version : fender tele-sonic w/bigsby f/s and more

LonestarGtr
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey gang,

I'm cleaning out my closet to fund some gear purchases, so if anyone is interested before I go to ebay, here are a couple of items I'm selling:

Fender Tele-Sonic - Red mahogany body with a Bigsby horseshoe vibrato installed by a professional luthier here in Nashville. The holes from the stop tailpiece were filled with dowels and a roller bridge was installed and it actually stays in tune very well, especially for a Bigsby. It was just intonated by John LeVan here in Nashville when we were in the studio last month in case I needed it. It has the Dearmond 2K pickups in it an I put the Bigsby on it to cover some Gretsch stuff live without having to worry about open f-holes and feedback. I've used it in the studio some and has seen only a little road use since we stopped doing the Gretsch songs. I've checked ebay and the stock t/s's are going for about $750-850. I'll let this one go for $750 obo w/hardshell case, buyer to pay shipping costs. Will deliver local to Nashville, TN. I'll post some pictures below.

Fender Prosonic Combo 210 amp - It is one of the "professional tube amplifier" series and is in very good condition. I don't have pictures of it yet, but there are only minor scuffs from a few in-town gigs. It's a great sounding fat clean Fender amp, great for tele's. The distortion channel is also very good for very saturated tones. It's kinda boogie/soldano-esque with the stacked gain stage. It comes with 2 celestion vintage 10's that aren't made anymore. I have replaced the normal channel volume pot and the reverb pot with an audio taper pot. When stock, there is a drastic volume change point between 2 and 2.5 on the volume knob and it was hard to find a sweet spot. Same with the reverb. The audio taper pot gives a nice range of sweep and it's 10x easier to dial in your tone and reverb. It makes channel one dial up like a good class A amp like a Vox. It has 3 rectifier settings: Class A, Class AB, and Solid State. I just put it on the Class A setting and leave it but I'm sure tweakers find different settings they like. I think they're going for about $650 on ebay on average, so I'll sell it for $600 to anyone on the board here before listing. Also, I'd prefer local, but I'll ship if buyer is willing to pay shipping. It's heavy, though... It's at my cartage locker so I'll have to go get it to weigh.

That's about it. Email me here or respond if interested. Thanks!

Michael Britt

www.lonestar.mu

view photos of tele-sonic at:

www.members.aol.com/lonegtr/telesonicfront.jpg
www.members.aol.com/lonegtr/telesonicincase.jpg
www.members.aol.com/lonegtr/telesonicbody.jpg

Other gear I'm thinking about selling: (let me know if there is interest in any of these items):

Zion pre-radicaster model, 80's with HSS, floyd-licensed tremolo, white, bird's eye maple neck/fretboard, black hardware, ?humbucker, 2 Fender TX Specials.

Fender American Tele, hot rod red, wht pearl pg, Anderson pu's, sperzel locking tuners.

Marshall 9000 50w/side tube pwr amp. Old gray beast, but sounds great.

guitarzan
05-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Mike,
just out of curiosity, what do you have your eyes on these days?

LonestarGtr
05-23-2005, 08:44 AM
I actually just picked up a Cobra special that I'm using a bunch. I purge my closet and locker periodically to make room. :)

Mike

dave_fisher
05-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I sent you a personal message with a trade option. Thanks!

oscar100
05-28-2005, 05:21 AM
mike

if you will ship to london uk ( $100 b y usps priority air) i will take her

payment by paypal ok? im international verified

let me know suhrfan at btinternet.com