PDA

View Full Version : FT Hollow drop top classic

Matt
05-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Up for trade is my tobacco fade HDTC

Here's it's official pic and specs

http://www.andersonguitars.com/images/guitarImages/05,05,2001_06-00-42.jpg

It's write up...
http://www.andersonguitars.com/cfPages/showSingleGuitarGallery.cfm?passedID=11&finishID=76&bodyWoodID=31

MODEL: – Hollow Drop Top Classic

? FINISH: – Tobacco Fade with Binding
? BODY WOOD: – Maple Top with Alder Back
? BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
? NECK WOOD: – Maple with Madagascar Rosewood Fingerboard
? HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
? NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin
? NECK BACKSHAPE: – ’62 Roundback
? NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16th-inch
? SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
? FRETS: – Heavy
? BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
? HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
? PICKGUARD: – White Pearl
? NECK PICKUP: – SA1R
? MIDDLE PICKUP: – SA1
? BRIDGE PICKUP: – H2
? SWITCHING: – B5 with Add-Bridge Switch for 13 sounds
? PICKUP COVERS: – n/a
? PICKUP RINGS: – n/a

I'm looking to trade this because it simply doesn't get played as much as my superstrats. It's and awesome guitar though and it's in great condition. The one chip it does have is over the little "registered" logo on the headstock, it's about half the size of that.. just think the size of a bit of cous cous lol. I will try and get some high res pics if anyone is interested.

Trades i'll consider.. Drop tops, Cobra s, Suhr standards, maybe even custom22s. The main thing is i don't want a pickguard this time around. I'm located in london but i'll gladly trade internationally.

PM offers plz.

matt

Reckless
05-25-2005, 03:46 AM
e-mail sent.

GaryMcT
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Matt,

I'm curious about your decision to get one without a pickguard. I'm in the process of speccing my first Anderson, and it is very similar to the one that you are selling here. I'm not sure if I want the pickguard or not yet. What do you not like about the pickguard (so that I take that into consideration)? Is it just the looks, or are there other things that you don't like about it?

Thanks,
Gary

GaryMcT
06-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Also, what do you consider to be a "superstrat"?

morty
06-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Its a dillemma to have a pickguard or not.. I like the look of my flamed Maple top, but you get som scratches over the time... With a pickguard and front routing you can get more overtones and less fundamentals in the sound.

If I had a pickguard I`d change my SD`s to M`s and keep my H2+ I have to change them to same size, and I think I would go for VA`s or Shure V60`s for more classic strat tone.

Matt
06-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Hey Gary the main reason i didn't want a pickguard was because all the guitars i own have them.. i just fancied a change. By superstrat i mean 24fret, 25.5", floyd rose and humbuckers. That said i've completely changed my mind the last month.. the superstrats and going for good and i'm going to stick to one les paul and one anderson.

steveH
07-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Matt,

I am looking to aquire my first Andrson are yu also selling rather than trading? I am based in London during the day so can check out the guitar if that suits.

SteveH