PDA

View Full Version : GOTW Photos

jimmieb
12-12-2003, 02:21 AM
Roy,

Your photos are great! I ran my own photo studio for 10 years, I specialized in small products. Looks like your using a broad sized soft light source like a soft box. There's no hot spots or weird reflections on the guitars... Very interesting angles and use of space and perspective. The amazing mirror like finish of all Anderson guitars is a challenge for even the seasoned pro.
I especially like the exaggerated perspective shots, like the Fiesta red Classic shot from the headstock looking back to the body. My favorite is the Tiger striped Drop Top (maybe) 07-03-02, I use it for computer wallpaper. In fact, my screensaver is a collection 70+ photos of favorite and classic guitars, most are Andies. It set to go after 5 mins. I love to glance over to the unfolding photos, each one, and say, "mmm nice."
It seems to me the figured tops of Anderson Guitars really pop under incandecent lights, i.e. stage lighting as opposed to flourecent, or outdoor light. I wonder if that light source might make any diiference in your photos... You may already be using
that.
By the way, I've always wondered if TAG intentionally developed their guitar finish to jump out under stage lighting. There truely is a huge difference.

Jimmie B

PS My Cobra tastes like cinnamon, The Drop Top taste is cherry,
the Cobra S has hot creole taste, 'lowve dat cy...on peppor'.

PSS There's nick on the Drop Top that's cracked the finish. Right there it tatses like Maple syrup (The real stuff).

PSSS "Be Excellent to each other" (Especially to Roy, Michael) Quote from Bill And Ted.