PDA

View Full Version : New Color for TAs?

Casper
12-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Let me state outright that I am not a PRS fan, BUT, I happened into my local store the other day for some strings and I saw a new PRS with one of the coolest colors I have ever seen on a guitar. They call it Raspberry. (think Transplum with more red).
It had gold hardware which brought the axe out amazingly.
Of the 10 or so TA's I've owned, Transplum is the color I've always wanted, but never thought about (kick). I always vision a color rather than look through the samples on the website..
I'm sure the"Keeper of the Stone" could hook me up next time I order? Not that I would suggest stealing a PRS color scheme!

I may sell my 96 blonde classic and order a Transplum Classic with a Floyd next year....Seeing that axe got the ol' appetite whetted
:p
Casper

michaelomiya
12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Casper
Let me state outright that I am not a PRS fan, BUT, I happened into my local store the other day for some strings and I saw a new PRS with one of the coolest colors I have ever seen on a guitar. They call it Raspberry. (think Transplum with more red).
It had gold hardware which brought the axe out amazingly.
Of the 10 or so TA's I've owned, Transplum is the color I've always wanted, but never thought about (kick). I always vision a color rather than look through the samples on the website..
I'm sure the"Keeper of the Stone" could hook me up next time I order? Not that I would suggest stealing a PRS color scheme!

I may sell my 96 blonde classic and order a Transplum Classic with a Floyd next year....Seeing that axe got the ol' appetite whetted
:p
Casper

Casper, we oughta consult tom and Chuck on this one!

Casper
12-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the info Tombo. Very Interesting!
PRS builds a nice guitar and they usually only get a passing glance from me, but this axe was stunning. Too bad the necks and pickups and shape aren't for me.
I'm sure TA can and will come up with something better.
Take it easy-
Casper

Stan Malinowski
12-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I've seen a few of the PRSi in Raspberry, including the NAMM/Show series Tombo referred to. Overall it is a cool color but t looks absolutely SMOKING on the Swamp Ash Special Model (SAS). I believe Raspberry is now offred on all PRSi Models BUT the SAS. It's been awhile since I looke at the color combos PRSi offers on the SAS so it possible new information is available.

vai777
12-15-2003, 07:02 PM
I would also like to see raspberry become a new anderson color it seems that its one oof the few they dont have.
my current favorite and I know im in the minority here but the Cajun Magenta has to be the coolest color available right now.