PDA

View Full Version : HDTC Just Posted on Ebay

mbrown3
04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Have to pay some emergency bills, so needed to post my HDTC on ebay. Link is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7319181625.

mbrown3
05-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Relisted with $100 lower buy it now.

mbrown3
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Guitar is now sold.

olectric
05-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Congrats on the sale, although I'm sure it was painful. Are you now going to try to find something a little more vintage sounding?

I sold a DTC about five years ago to fund a Hollow Classic with vintage pups, and it sounds ridiculously awesome--very bubbly and spanky. I've found that the hollow body doesn't really take away from the spank; it gives the sound a bit of natural compression so that the notes kind of (to quote another forumite) "bloom out of nowhere" when I really dig in. I love it!

mbrown3
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, a bit painful, it's a great guitar. I won't replace it right away. I'll probably eventually replace it with an Atom, but too many bills in the meantime.

olectric
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
I hear ya about the Atom...it's much more of a playing experience than most people are willing to give it credit for. So many opinions on so many other forums, and no one's played one! I got to play Tom's, and I know that I will order one.

I really want Nick's HTC, but I need to control myself if I'm going to go for the Atom. Good luck with your future Andy.

tom
05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
it is interesting how so many people can have an opinion about something they haven't played. i can say without a doubt that the new aston martin doesn't drive anywhere as good as the newest lamborgini. not that i've driven either, i can just tell :rolleyes:

mbrown3
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
LOL. I don't even need to try an Atom to know it's the bomb, but mine is a positive judgment rather than a negative one (and I have a pretty good basis for evaluation based on past experience with TA guitars in general). I just can't understand when people say that x is better than y, with no basis at all for judgment. Or, even worse, when people who have no talent or skill themselves try to evaluate things that they know nothing about. Like Simon Cowell on American Idol... :)