PDA

View Full Version : Fender Nashville Telecaster

guitarzan
04-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking to sell a tele that I've been working on for a couple of years. It started as a Fender Nashville Tele which is the 3-pup tele (Tex-Mex Tele pups at neck and bridge plus a Texas Special middle pup w/ a 5-way switch). I have upgraded just about everything on the guitar except for the volume knob. The 5-way has been replaced, the tone knob has been replaced with a push-pull to add the neck for a total of 7 switching options. The cavity has been fully shielded, the strap buttons have been replaced with straplocks (included), the pups have been switched out with Rio Grande Muy Grande Nashville pups (original Fender pups are included), the headstock logo has been changed to match my birthdate of '73 (an additional waterslide is included with the identical logo), the tuners have been replaced with Sperzel locking tuners. Also, the guitar has been set up by a local luthier- at the same time I had the BFTS done. Body is in pristine condition except for two pin-sized drill holes tucked just off to the back of the bridge. I drilled pilot holes to install a powerbridge when I first got it but decided against it shortly after. the holes are barely noticeable, but they are there. You can see them in one of the pics...

In terms of playability, the guitar sounds amazing. It's the only guitar I play around the house, but I only work with an Anderson. It feels and sounds solid and resonant. This stuff is all really subjective anyway, so it's kind of a throw away description... The guitar feels great, you'll just have to take my word for it. When it was purchased, the original goal was an American Deluxe Tele, but this one felt a lot better in the hands, so it was God's little gift to be able to leave The Mothership (Guitar Center) with a better guitar and some saved money.

Quick list for left-brain types::

* Fender Nashville Telecaster, candy apple red
* Rio Grande Pickups- Muy Grande Nashville set
(original pickups will be shipped in the Rio Grande packaging)
* almost all upgraded electronics
* push/pull adds bridge for authentic tele #2 selection
* BFTS
* Sperzel locking tuners
* classic tele headstock logo
* fully shielded cavity
* straplocks included
* modern "C" shaped neck/ 9.5" radius/ 21 frets (medium/jumbo)

I'm into for about $1k ($462 for guitar + all additions). I'd like to get $800 for it or best offer. It'll ship in a tweed fender case with orange crushed velvet lining. Pictures can be seen at:

dognmoon.com/tele

by the way, the doll and my 2 year old daughter are NOT included in the sale.

thanks much,
-c

guitarzan
04-27-2005, 12:31 AM
price reduction to $700+half of shipping. This guitar is loaded and plays like a dream. I never wanted to sell it but for a self employed guy, the summer looks like it's gonna be tight.

dognmoon.com/tele

guitarzan
04-27-2005, 09:07 PM
She's Gone and Done.

Suriel Zayas
04-28-2005, 08:48 AM
She's Gone and Done.
good for you! glad it worked out.