PDA

View Full Version : Bogner SHiva with Variboost

Sixx
04-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I saw a Bogner Shiva head on the Anderson Alley website. I believe it is 6l6s with an extra Vari boost knob. Anyone familiar with what the variboost knob and what it does?

I am looking for an amp to cover hardrock to metal. Not death metal or anything like that.

pluto
04-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I used to own a shiva just like that-6L6 with a variboost. The variboost option (which costs 150 dollars) acts like a volume knob for the boost. The common complaint with the shiva is that the boost adds only a set amount of boost (approximately + 4db) when you engaged it. The variboost allows you to set the volume of the boost to have more or less amount of boost. It's a cool function-it's almost like having 3 channels on the amp. IMO, it should be a stock thing instead of an option.

morty
04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Just want to mention that on my Koch multitone I have soloboost, and a own knop to adjust the level between rhythm and solo! This is a very good option, and you always get heard on your solos! I also have volumlknobs on all three channels.. the clean and chrunge share eq. The lead ch. has own eq.

BrianH
04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I can answer that (I'm the one selling it). The Vari Boost allows the user to adjust the boost level on the drive channel, something that you could not do before. You can set it for quite a volume jump where as before it just added a little hair to the drive channnel.
It's a very unique mod and we are having it done to all Shiva's that we order now. Shiva users can't live without it once they've had it done.

gregmass
04-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Can this mod be done to the Shiva I bought 4 years ago? If so how much does it cost and where do I go to have it done? I live in Austin, TX. Thanks.

BrianH
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Can this mod be done to the Shiva I bought 4 years ago? If so how much does it cost and where do I go to have it done? I live in Austin, TX. Thanks.
Yes it can, we send older Shiva in all the time for the Mod (heads or combos doesn't matter, we pull the guts out for shipping. Less chance of damage).
The turn around is quick and it costs about $275 with the shipping included.

gregmass
04-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks Brian. When you say quick are we talking a couple days or a couple weeks?

BrianH
04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Nothing is done in a couple of days!
Turn around is about 2 weeks.

gregmass
04-28-2005, 10:12 AM
That what I figured. Thanks. I may need to make a trip up to Big D now. I have been looking for an excuse to come and check out Charley's. :D

BrianH
04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
If you can't come in then pull the chassis and send it to me. We'll do the rest.
Let me know.