PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Forum members

Casper
04-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey y'all,
This forum has done some cool things! I met my friend Danno here and I had never actually heard him play, but I knew he had the tools:)
I got Danno to cover a 3-day play I was supposed to do at a church this past weekend. I was able to make one of the shows. Danno's rig would make any of us drool. Dr. Z, Fulltone, Furman, Barber, Xotic. ...a killer pedal board with any thing a versatile player needs. His guitars damn near made me faint...Transblonde Hollow T Classic, His nearly-natural Classic, and a Hollow Cobra S that I absolutely fell in love with!
Any of you who have ever done broadway musicals will know how tough the charts are..Danno smoked them.
Hes a very good reader and an extremely tasteful player! (hell, I might not be asked to play anymore...) Made me very proud!
All you richmond guys need to check him out next time he gets out in public.
Killer rig, Killer player.

Shaun

Suriel Zayas
04-18-2005, 09:09 AM
danno is a jersey boy!

njjessee
04-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey Casper... which church?

Noah

Casper
04-19-2005, 05:37 AM
Salisbury Presbyterian. It was a selection from various broadway musicals.
Shaun

Casper
04-19-2005, 05:37 AM
Salisbury Presbyterian. It was a selection from various broadway musicals.
Shaun

njjessee
04-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Okay... I'm impressed! I have a good friend that attends there. It's not far from my sister's home.

So do they have a full rhythm section every Sunday? What's the musical style?

Casper
04-19-2005, 05:59 AM
No,
But a WONDERFUL choir. Excellent music director. They hire professionals from time to time (symphony, rhythm sections) but for the most part, its traditional music. I am not a member, but my wife is. I just participate when I am not on the road. I did Godspell with them a while back and had a blast..

Wbb
04-20-2005, 11:42 AM
All you richmond guys need to check him out next time he gets out in public. Yes we will. Click link below for recent "Danno" info! :D

http://www.steppinstoneband.com/

Tom Gross
04-20-2005, 08:35 PM
All you richmond guys need to check him out next time he gets out in public.

I definitely will.

dannopelli
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey Shaun!

THANKS FOR THE PROPS! :) That was really nice of you, and thanks for the gig! :D

BTW we are playing Market Street Cafe this Friday at Happy Hour. We do a REALLY killer version of Clapton's "Old Love" and Arlo Guthrie's "Coming into LA. About 30 songs including 10 originals.

www.steppinstoneband.com (http://www.steppinstoneband.com)

Casper
05-17-2005, 05:30 AM
No problem bro.
I think we actually have Friday night off! I may see you, (if I can get a "kitchen pass" from the missus.
Cheers!
SCL

tunacaster
05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Shaun you are so correct. Danno has the goods. But, I will let you in on a little secret. He is good friends with a very good certain salesman we all know, that keeps Danno in the know on the incoming. I have also been told Dan is a helluva good player. I hope to see him this Friday at Marketplace Cafe in Innsbrook. Good job Danno.

Also, thanks man for all of your help with my stuff :)

dannopelli
05-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Shaun you are so correct. Danno has the goods. But, I will let you in on a little secret. He is good friends with a very good certain salesman we all know, that keeps Danno in the know on the incoming. I have also been told Dan is a helluva good player. I hope to see him this Friday at Marketplace Cafe in Innsbrook. Good job Danno.

Also, thanks man for all of your help with my stuff :)

OOH I'M TELLIN!

Yeah I think you and I are the short list to get an early pick on the nicities!

Oh and you are welcome and thanks for the opportunites!