PDA

View Full Version : Crowdster

jimmieb
12-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Tom, Roy, David, and Crowdster Owners,

I have'nt heard much discussion of the different tonewoods available for the Crowdster, and the tonal variations they render. I assume the standard tonal variations hold true. Mahogany back
verses Rosewood, spruce verses maple tops. Different neck woods. I'm interested in the LR Baggs colabaration, and what sets it apart from other Baggs products. Does it work well with their Para Acoustic DI. Are SS frets standard dress? Is the tone actual Acoustic with a tube mic or more electric acoustic ala powerbridge? I can't find one that stays in the store long enough to demo it. I may have to wait for Namm. Are you guys going to bring some kind of acoustic amp to hear them? Like you need to schlep more gear... Maybe I should shut up and just buy one. One more question, "Dad, are we there yet?" and How many bad notes does Jerry hit in one show? The Dead are on PBS while I'm
posting this.

Jimmie B

Roy (maybe)
12-08-2003, 03:03 AM
Hi Jimmie B,

Your questions have been duly noted and will certainly be addressed in upcoming Guitar of the Weeks--as soon as Crowdsters appear on the horizon again.

By the way each and every Anderson has Stainless Steel frets, unless ordered with Jumbo (not to be confused with Heavy frets). We may have done 1 guitar with Jumbo frets this year--at the customer’s request of course--and knowing that Jumbos are not Stainless.

Stainless Steel “Small” frets are standard issue for Crowdster since bending is not the main deal with a Crowdster Acoustic--gives it that nice close-to-board feel.

Happy Playing