PDA

View Full Version : Splitter + DI box for the Powerbridge

Yngve
03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone, and greetings from Norway!

I've recently become an Anderson player (Hollow T Classic), and I'm thrilled over all the expertise on this forum and hope someone can help me regarding splitting the Powerbridge.

I have a Hollow Drop Top Classic on order, and while waiting for my soon-to-arrive Andy with Powerbridge, I'm trying to sort out the wiring on my pedal board.

I'm thinking of sending the magnetic signal to my wah (and maybe a StroboStomp) and further to my TSL100, while I'll be sending the piezo signal to my PodXt Pro (which has a amp simulation for specific use with piezo pickups).

So I guess I'll need a stereo spitter and a DI box on my pedal board as the piezo signal probably will degenerate as all the communication from the pedal board to my rack is thru a multicable (approx 5-6 m).

Does anyone know of a good DI box that can split the stereo to two mono signals and the piezo signal will be balanced while the magnetic signal remain unbalanced ? Maybe I'll buy the StroboStomp and have a mod done for this... This way I don't need both a stereo Y-cable and a separate DI-box!

Thanks for all help :)

tom
03-22-2005, 08:32 PM
the powerblend pedal is the only thing i know of that can do the splitting and give you an xlr out for the piezo. it also gives you a volume pedal and 3 band eq.

tom
03-22-2005, 08:32 PM
i will be curious about alternative solutions as the powerblend may not be available too much longer.

Yngve
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Thank you for your response!

I've been checking out the Powerblender, but I don't think it quite fits my setup... I use the PodXt and FBV to control the midi on the G-major I use in the fx-loop with my Marshall, and by programming patches at both the Pod and the G-major, I can chose by a single press at the floorboard whether the Marshall or the Pod is active by using the programs master volume...

The idea is to use the volum pedal to blend in the Marshall at patches where the Pod is active. The volum pedal is set up to control the G-major (which also controls the Marshall) so I can blend it in for those patches that run the Pod (acoustic sounds only)...

Generally the Pod would have patches that have no output though the Marsahll does, but for some specific sounds it will have the piezo sound go to the Pod and then straight to the mixer.

Yngve
03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Maybe the Behringer Ultra-DI 20 can do this?? Though I'm not very fond of Behringer products :o

joe1962
03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
i will be curious about alternative solutions as the powerblend may not be available too much longer.

So Fishman is discontinuing the Powerblend? It seems like the perfect thing to use with a Powerbridge-equiped guitar. :(

fractal
03-23-2005, 01:08 PM
So Fishman is discontinuing the Powerblend? It seems like the perfect thing to use with a Powerbridge-equiped guitar. :(

Wait! I have a Powerbridge guitar on order. What does this mean? Should I try to grab one if I can find them? Should I wait until they come out with "something better?" It seems easy enough to split the signals, but this looked like a versatile package.

By the way, does the volume on the pedal control the piezo volume only, or mix, or assignable, etc.? Same question with the EQ.

Argh!
-Garrett

tom
03-23-2005, 04:07 PM
don't freak out yet. they say they have the equivelent of a years worth of the pedals on hand. i don't see them doing a "new and improved" model. they did not have enough demand to continue making the one they have. it is a great package. the pedal controls the vol of the acoustic. as does th e eq. the magnetics pass through unaltered when you are running stereo. in mono the mags are buffered, but still bypass the eq and vol.

TSL
03-24-2005, 01:41 AM
I have an X-bridge equipped Hollow T. How would I use this pedal in conjunction with it? Right now I run the X-Bridge through a small mixer and send that signal to an amp or PA system. :confused:

Terry

fractal
03-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks Tom, that is good news. That sounds better because if the volume/EQ only affects the piezo, then I wouldn't have to take the pedal if I just wanted the magnetic pickups.

It almost seems like I have too many options as I assemble my pedalboard. With this Powerblend pedal, I have a lot of outs to play with. I'm tempted to get a separate chorus/delay to route the piezo signal through.

It is so easy to spend money on gear, huh?

-Garrett