PDA

View Full Version : 3-In-One Oil on guitar parts

nickdahl
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Would 3-In-One oil damage guitar parts? That is, if I used it to lube my Classic's or Drop Top's string trees, nuts, or saddles?

Thanks,

Nick

tom
02-27-2005, 09:23 PM
it won't damage anything, but if it gets in the windings of your strings, they'll be gonners.

Suriel Zayas
02-27-2005, 10:00 PM
nick, i've been using nut sauce on the nut and saddle, nowhere else.

nut sauce (http://www.guitaristonly.com)

dannopelli
02-27-2005, 10:13 PM
nick, i've been using nut sauce on the nut and saddle, nowhere else.

nut sauce (http://www.guitaristonly.com)

Ditto. Nut Sauce is the best.

BTW Suriel, how do you know about Pastore and Dennis?

Suriel Zayas
02-27-2005, 10:29 PM
BTW Suriel, how do you know about Pastore and Dennis?

i grew up in hudson county, until i moved to bergen county. i know all those guys and they are good friends. jerry pastore & his dad, dennis, t, ronaldo & julio fernandez (spyro gyra guitarist)

nickdahl
02-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. When using the nut sauce, can it kill your strings the way Tom says the 3-In-Oil can?

Nick

Suriel Zayas
02-27-2005, 10:46 PM
never had a problem. it's non-toxic and non-corrosive. it is very thick and does not ooooze, but you never know.

bruce
02-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes the nut sauce will make a string sound dead if gets on any part where the string is vibrating. You have to be very careful, but sometimes you can just wipe the excess off and it's fine.

funalij
02-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi guys:

I use graphit of a pencil to lub nut and tremolo (where the string contacts with guitar)

Is it bad for sound? (I ever heard it the best lub)

Javier

Blizzard05
02-28-2005, 03:28 PM
i grew up in hudson county, until i moved to bergen county. i know all those guys and they are good friends. jerry pastore & his dad, dennis, t, ronaldo & julio fernandez (spyro gyra guitarist)

Hello Suriel, I also used to go to Pastores Music years ago. I see you move to Bergen County. What town are you in? My parents live in Bergen County. I it so cool that you know Spyro Gyra, I love their music.

Blizzard02

dannopelli
03-02-2005, 12:11 AM
i'm in alpine. that is northern bergen county, a ten minute walk to the new york border in rockland county.

Where in Hudson County? I am from Hoboken. Went to St. Joes HS.

I know Julio. He is from Hoboken! I actually took guitar lessons from him when I was in college. He is just a couple of years older than me. My sister was part of a group of friends he used to hang with too. I used to go see Flight and Top Flight and Euphoria all the time. My wife and I were able to catch up with him a few years ago when Spyro Gyra was local. He is such a cool guy and an AWESOME guitar player. He probably had the biggest influence of anyone on my playing.

dannopelli
03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
grew up in jersey city (country village off rt. 440). i know hoboken very well. benny tudino's pizzeria on washington street, "home of the king size slice." i almost went to school in hoboken (stevens tech), but ended up at new york university. st. joe's h.s.? the only st. joe's h.s. that i know is the one in wny @ 54th st. & broadway (across from memorial h.s.). what year did you graduate? some pretty interesting facts, it seems we are around the same age.

I know where Country Village is. Is it still there? Yeah Benny Tudino is still there. Many a late night munchie stop there! LOL! BTW Julio used to live about a quarter block from there, with Brad the drummer in his band.

I did go to St. Joes in WNY. 1977 grad. If you went to NYU and hung out in Hoboken I get this feeling we have either met or maybe you know my brother or some of the guys he runs with. Do you remember a Metal cover band in the 80's called Rachel? Good friends of mine plaed in that one. Or a singer songwriter named Judy Saiya? I used to play guitar for her.

PM me and maybe we can exchange emails? I get up that often. Two boys from my first marraige, one at Rutgers, one in Colonia HS, live there.

Suriel Zayas
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I know where Country Village is. Is it still there?
I did go to St. Joes in WNY. 1977 grad. If you went to NYU and hung out in Hoboken I get this feeling we have either met or maybe you know my brother or some of the guys he runs with. Do you remember a Metal cover band in the 80's called Rachel? Good friends of mine plaed in that one. Or a singer songwriter named Judy Saiya? I used to play guitar for her.
yes country village is still there and they have have built new houses and condos along the waterfront where roosevelt stadium was located. i graduated st. joe's in 1984, just had our 20th year class reunion over the fall. during my college years i was pretty much into my studies during the school year, just gigging locally around the village and not much in jersey. also, during the summers i was touring with roberta flack. sorry i never heard of rachel or judy saiya. basically i would take the path over from the city with dorm buddies to hoboken and we would usually end up at benny's or one of the local joints. even when i was at st. joe's, i had this beat up vw that would take $.50 of regular gas and we would go to benny's for lunch. i'll pm you my email address.

dannopelli
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
yes country village is still there and they have have built new houses and condos along the waterfront where roosevelt stadium was located. i graduated st. joe's in 1984, just had our 20th year class reunion over the fall. during my college years i was pretty much into my studies during the school year, just gigging locally around the village and not much in jersey. also, during the summers i was touring with roberta flack. sorry i never heard of rachel or judy saiya. basically i would take the path over from the city with dorm buddies to hoboken and we would usually end up at benny's or one of the local joints. even when i was at st. joe's, i had this beat up vw that would take $.50 of regular gas and we would go to benny's for lunch. i'll pm you my email address.

So you went to HS when my brother was there. He graduated in 1986. In fact he used to bar tend and the Brass Rail and at Iron Monkey in JC. I'll see if he remembers you. I'll PM my email too. Nice chatting with you. We prolly took up enough of this thread's bandwith! :D