PDA

View Full Version : Hello to you 'Andy lovers!

Ian Hurtt
02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey there! This is likely my third time posting this, as everytime I come back here I have to re-register! I'm worried about lurking/posting here, since I've been a closet Anderson hound for years. I'm kind of a rock guy, grew up playing/listening to the "Hair Bands" of the 80's. But guys like Peter Frampton (didn't everyone have the Live album?) and Mike Somerville of the midwestern band Head East really made me want to play. I won't talk about my Ace Frehley air guitar marathons...! :D

Gearwise, my main guitar switches between a PRS McCarty and a Fender CS Tele Jr. I have a Thorn Artisan Deluxe (in dashing "Pimp Daddy Purple") that should be finished in a month or so. The last seven or eight years I spent mostly tooling around on Fender CS strats. I spend most of my online time over at the Gear Page, so I've been bitten by a terminal case of GAS.

What might quench that would be a Hollow Cobra in Bora Bora Blue. Does such a beast exist?!

pluto
02-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey there! This is likely my third time posting this, as everytime I come back here I have to re-register! I'm worried about lurking/posting here, since I've been a closet Anderson hound for years. I'm kind of a rock guy, grew up playing/listening to the "Hair Bands" of the 80's. But guys like Peter Frampton (didn't everyone have the Live album?) and Mike Somerville of the midwestern band Head East really made me want to play. I won't talk about my Ace Frehley air guitar marathons...! :D

Gearwise, my main guitar switches between a PRS McCarty and a Fender CS Tele Jr. I have a Thorn Artisan Deluxe (in dashing "Pimp Daddy Purple") that should be finished in a month or so. The last seven or eight years I spent mostly tooling around on Fender CS strats. I spend most of my online time over at the Gear Page, so I've been bitten by a terminal case of GAS.

What might quench that would be a Hollow Cobra in Bora Bora Blue. Does such a beast exist?!

Welcome to the board Ian! Anyway, as to your last question, a Hollow Cobra in bora bora blue exists-In the words of Barney, all you have to do is use your imagination (and call Roy and have your checkbook out too)!

enr1co
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I have a Thorn Artisan Deluxe (in dashing "Pimp Daddy Purple") that should be finished in a month or so.

Welcome back Ian!

Speaking of Barney- Love that color name" pimp daddy purple"

Congrats on the Thorn- they are beautiful guitars.

BoraBora
02-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy it here.

... What might quench that would be a Hollow Cobra in Bora Bora Blue. ...

You have great taste in colors, that is my favorite Anderson color. :cool:

Stan Malinowski
02-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Welcome (again) to the forum! I don't have any previous registrations for Ian Hurtt, did you register under some other name(s) previously?

Ian Hurtt
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome (again) to the forum! I don't have any previous registrations for Ian Hurtt, did you register under some other name(s) previously?

I normally join under Ian Hurtt (my nine year old son who loves to see his name on the computer), but it's possible I registered under John Hurtt.

andersonguy
02-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey John! Welcome to Andersonville! Nice to see you over here as well as TGP.

Richard

Ian Hurtt
02-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Welcome back Ian!

Speaking of Barney- Love that color name" pimp daddy purple"

Congrats on the Thorn- they are beautiful guitars.

Thanks, looking forward to my Thorn. I actually threw open the naming of the color to the guys on the Thorn group. The color originated from a printing mistake on one of the Guitar Magazine Buyer Guides. They printed up a blue Thorn, but it came out a blue/purple color. So, Ron is matching the mistake but we needed a name. Page 30 typo didn't cut it...

There were a ton of great names, but Big Mike (who probably is here somewhere) came up with the "Pimp Daddy" moniker, and it cracked me up and stuck. :D

nickdahl
02-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Good to see you here!

Nick

pcbb
02-24-2005, 11:28 PM
it's nice to see you here to John. Can't wait to see your pimp daddy purple Thorn.

Ian Hurtt
02-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'll be happy to show a couple pics of my Thorn when it's ready, if it doesn't break any rules of etiquette (can't spell tonight!).

On another tack, I assume it would be a good idea to talk to someone at Magdon Music about a possible TAG order, is there a "best" person to talk to?

Stan Malinowski
02-25-2005, 05:12 AM
I assume it would be a good idea to talk to someone at Magdon Music about a possible TAG order, is there a "best" person to talk to?

That would be Jack Gretz.

dkaplowitz
02-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'll be happy to show a couple pics of my Thorn when it's ready, if it doesn't break any rules of etiquette.
Welcome to the forum, John. There's a separate forum here for discussing guitars by other makers, so your Thorn is on topic there (I'd like to see it too)

Smokehouse
02-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the forum John and enjoy the journey in acquiring your TAG !

Smoke'

Ian Hurtt
02-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Cool, Jack Gretz it is. I've heard that name mentioned several times on a couple other gear forums as "The Enabler"! I just want to finish up the couple projects I have going now and evaluate what I have and what I "need"...Like that's stopped me before!

I'll be sure to post pics of my Thorn when it hits. Again, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Suriel Zayas
02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
welcome aboard once again and enjoy ordering that new hollow cobra and the new arrival.

peace.

TSL
03-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Welcome Ian

Cobras are very nice and a lot of fun to play!

Terry