PDA

View Full Version : Korg Buzz F. tuner question

dzghia
02-18-2005, 11:11 AM
I have the Korg DT-7 tuner and I want to set the intonation on a used Anderson Cobra Special I just bought. I'm assuming you put the tuner on the "BFTS" mode and do the usual pick open string and then pick the fretted 12th note to set the intonation?? Just didn't know if there was another method for getting the best results. Thanks!

jimmieb
02-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I have the Korg DT-7 tuner and I want to set the intonation on a used Anderson Cobra Special I just bought. I'm assuming you put the tuner on the "BFTS" mode and do the usual pick open string and then pick the fretted 12th note to set the intonation?? Just didn't know if there was another method for getting the best results. Thanks!

Do a search on older forum topics. I sure it has been explained in great detail, with the ofsets + & - one cent.

Jimmie B

tom
02-18-2005, 07:36 PM
you are correct, but you do need to push the octave button when playing the 12th fret notes. the light above the button will flash when you are in the octave mode.

John Price
02-21-2005, 06:36 PM
My suggestion is to buy the Peterson strobe tuner with the offsets built in!
It makes a would of difference to me!....

fractal
02-21-2005, 11:19 PM
I just got one of the Peterson Strobostomp pedals and can't wait to try it with the BF settings. I've been using the VS 1 model for a few years now, and swear that my ears have gotten better because my guitar has been more in tune. I can now tune my instrument with greater precision, even without the tuner (assuming I have a correct starting point).

I was so happy with my large VS 1, and so far have been very happy with the Strobostomp.

-Garrett