PDA

View Full Version : Atom--What do you think?

olectric
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I've always been a Strat-style single coil guy, but lately, I've been thinking that I need a Les Paul-ish guitar. I don't know about you all, but I'm not too crazy about spending upwards of two grand on a guitar made by Gibson. This is why I haven't yet acted on this thought. I've often wondered, "if only Anderson would come out with a set-neck 24.75" maple-on-mahogany guitar." Then, the Atom came out. I'm really interested, but I haven't played one yet, because Mass St. Music in Lawrence won't get theirs for a couple of months.

Anyway, what do you think? Judging from my current Andersons, I'm pretty sure I could just order one unseen and unplayed, and it would be completely awesome.

mbrown3
02-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes.

/

Marty S Horne
02-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I would love to try one out as you can't tell how it feels and sounds from a picture but I'm guessing it's probably a sweet axe.

kirby323
02-18-2005, 09:11 AM
That's pretty well what I did. Based on my past experience with Anderson's and especially with how impressed I am with my Crowdster, and how comfy the body shape is and the ease of playing it, I've gone ahead and ordered up a Atom "site unseen". Now for the hard part, waiting..............
Atom's ETA is late May/early June. Anticipation.....................

bruce
02-19-2005, 01:24 AM
I can tell you that the Atom is very very comfortable, either sitting or standing. The high fret access with the new neck/body joint is super comfortable and easy. The ATom just a bit darker sounding than our Cobra, but that all depends on your pickup choices, but all in all, I think I can safely say that the Atom has a more darker thump not plugged-in vs. the Cobra as well.

jimmieb
02-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Bruce,

Are you guys considering using the new neck joint for the crowdster?

Jimmie B

bruce
02-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Jimmie,

You'd have to point that question at Tom. Hard to know what's up his sleeves.

tom
02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
it was originally going to be on the crowdster, but it took me too long to figure it out. it may make it's way back to the crowdster, but we shall have to see.