PDA

View Full Version : lets talk about sex - I mean FX!

oscar100
12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
what do you guys use for overdrives -

Ive been thru teh fulltone and menatone stuff - fulltone too hifi menatone too toppy

i love the analogman beano boost and the visual sound route 66

any suggestions for your tone impoverished cousins across the pond?

anyone know how to true bypass a boss pedal too - i love the oc2 for that bootsy funk thing but it messes up my signal chain

:confused:

John Price
12-05-2003, 08:17 PM
I try to stay away from using any type of overdrive pedal but have found two that I really like!
The old version of The Guv'nor pedal by Marshall, I used this when I had a Soldano SLO it worked great in the overdrive channel as well (Gary Moore trick!)
And the Boss blues driver! Sometimes I use it infront of my Carr to get that slightly overdriven strat sound like Scott Henderson.....

killerburst
12-05-2003, 09:22 PM
I really like the Barber Direct Drive. If you like TS-808/9 type pedals, this one is a great example and a helluva bargain.

pluto
12-09-2003, 06:02 PM
I've owned so many ods/fuzzes/distortions over the years. I've since sold every one of them and just go with my amps natural drive. I've been thinking of getting at least one fuzz, one germanium boost, and one od to add a little flavor.

nickdahl
12-15-2003, 04:06 PM
No overdrive usage here. I thought I was going to have to get one because I was in serious negotiation for a Marshall 1959SLP...but I bought the Cobra instead!

With my preamp, all I need is my rack effects and I'm good, and that's pretty simple. One unit, in series, into the poweramp.

Nick