PDA

View Full Version : Stampede Howdy

kirby323
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
A hearty Stampede howdy and "YA HOO" from Calgary (Alberta, Canada). I'm new to the TA forum and wanted to introduce myself. I own or have owned a few Anderson's over the last few years and presently play the number one test unit Cobra prototype (which was one of the TA's featured in a multi tele shootout in Guitar Player a few years back) and very recently acquired a lovely Crowdster, which has quickly found it's way into our studio and stage work.
I've been so impressed with the Crowdster that I'm now very keen on it's "electric" brother the Atom and I've been following the various discussions in this forum on the Atom's recent release, along with many other interesting TA topics.

Regards,
Kirby323

killerburst
02-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Welcome, eh.

dkaplowitz
02-07-2005, 03:43 PM
welcome aboard!

Stan Malinowski
02-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forum!

olectric
02-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

BoraBora
02-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Welcome and enjoy the forum. :)

Guitarded
02-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Welcome to a fellow Canuck! Thanks for the tip on the Crowdster... first I have to pay the bank for the Cobra and keep my strat while I'm at it... I would love to play a Crowdster, but for now I will have to wait... but we never keep dreaming, do we?

Turrican
02-09-2005, 06:31 AM
welcome and enjoy the forum!

funalij
02-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Welcome Kirby

HiG
02-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Welcome - from another newbie :D

kirby323
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys for a warm welcome to the forum. I've, once again, taken the plunge, plunked my money down, and ordered up an Atom with an expected delivery date some time in late May. Now the trick is not to pester Tom and Roy et al and patiently wait for the arrival of "1 Atom 12"s (ok, that was bad, sorry...).

andersonguy
02-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys for a warm welcome to the forum. I've, once again, taken the plunge, plunked my money down, and ordered up an Atom with an expected delivery date some time in late May. Now the trick is not to pester Tom and Roy et al and patiently wait for the arrival of "1 Atom 12"s (ok, that was bad, sorry...).
Welcome Kirby,
Bug those guys, they live for it!! LOL! You will find Roy amazingly patient with the usual barrage of questions people fire off at him. We've all been there and Roy and Tom show amazing grace and kindness in helping people like us.

Richard

kirby323
02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi Richard;
Thanks for the reply. I must admit to having sent the odd email to "the supreme commander" already and I have experienced Roy's quick wit also. I have always found both Tom and Roy to be very patient and gracious in fielding my questions and it is this attention to the individual "customer" that, to my mind, makes the difference. The special care and extra time that Tom and Roy (and a few others such as Dave McNaught, along with Dave Mansel, at McNaught Guitars) invest into dealing with the consumer/potential purchaser goes along way and yields huge dividends in their companies public relations, and keeps people like me coming back. I have no concerns about ordering an Atom without the benefit of market feedback much less of having actually played one before purchasing. I trust these guys and I know and trust the instruments they craft.

Cheers,
Kirby323

TSL
02-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Hi Kirby!

Welcome to the group! Are you a Hockey fan?

Terry

kirby323
02-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi Terry;

Are you kiddin'!! Hey, I'm Canadian eh.....
We have the NHL Calgary Flames, but of course not this year (and after coming so close to winning it all last year - feast to famine....). I am a big enough fan that I'm quite ticked with both the owners and the players association for all of the shananigans this year with the dispute and cancellation of the season rumored to be announced tomorrow (Feb16/05).
Sorry, a rather long winded answer to your question. I suspect a simple "yep" would have sufficed......

How about you. Are you a Coyotes fan?

Cheers,
Kirby

TSL
02-19-2005, 03:28 AM
Hi Kirby

I followed Patrick Roy's career and when the team moved to Denver I became an Av's fan. Always been more a fan of the game than just one team though. Martin St.Louis is another player I admire and I was amazed with his play last season. Say, Didn't he used to play for Calgary? :D