PDA

View Full Version : Mesa boogie F-30 (white noise)

funalij
02-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi everybody:

A week ago I bought a Mesa boogie F-30 combo 1x12 amp (Thanks Suriel for your advice about it)(It was the choosen one, between Fender Hotrod, Peavy classic 30 and Koch studiotone).

I have made a deep test about this amp and I have found some problems :(
The clean channer it so good, but if you put Master(Volume) near middle, appears a "white noise".

Does anybody had the same problem with this amp?

The satured channel is dirty, not defined

I asked a good valve dealer in Spain (Amptek-Jorge Bueno, very good proffesional), and told me It seems a circuit problem, not only valve problems

Any advice will be considerated

Thanks

Javier

Suriel Zayas
02-04-2005, 07:44 PM
javier, hello. remove the tubes (valves) one at a time and reinsert them making sure they are nice and snug. just make sure the amp is standby mode before you remove anything. many times white-type noise can be associated with the power section of the amp (transformer). no guarantees, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

good luck.

suriel

John Price
02-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I believe it's the nature of this amp! F-30's have EL84 power tubes and they tend to be noisy! plus if you crank the drive up on the F-30 it can get tooooo muddy or musshy sounding!......back off the gain and the amp does scream.... That's just my experience's with 84's.....and the F-30......