Back Shape - .050 inch oversized
Hardware - Gold
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard -
Pickups - SD1R SD1 H2+
Switching - Switcheroo, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .009-.042 Elixir strings
Comments - Fischman Powerbridge

It`s some details I would like to change if I get a new Anderson,and to make the guitar suit me perfect..

First the neck could be a bit more oversized and I dont feel 100% comfortable with the heavy frets. so I like to try the medium with stainless.
I vould like a Fretbord with smaller pores! I just love the feel of the verry smooth Ebony board on my Tylor Accoustic, but thats a different story.

The tonecharacteristic is a bit dark on the bass side. so maby the Basswood have to change with Adler or Ash. Is it possible to get an Maple top on Ash!?
I also want a bit more overtones. Maby the single coils pickups culd be different? I actually like the H2+ but it`s not as powerfull as on my Fender Humbucker(std.)

Things that I am not are going to change is:

Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Switching - Switcheroo, Vintage Voicing
Neck Finish - Black Headstock, Satin Back (maby more sanded..)
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard,mabyAfrican Rosewood
Hardware - Gold

Do anyone have some sugestions to what tonewood and pickups I need to get a Anderson that is more traditional and vintage, but still have a HB in the bridge, and get a bit more overtones and less dark on the bass side, want some more sparkle.??

I think I would wait a couple of years before I get a new one, but Its nice to do some recearch first. The Problem is that it is not many Andersons in Norway, so I cant test all the different modells! My girldfriend says I already have to many guitars!!

Hope anyone can answer my questions!!?

I have to admit that I have grew to be an Anderson fanatic, and I dont think I am buying another brand.. if I would, it must be a Pensa or Shure..

Stan Malinowski
02-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Do anyone have some sugestions to what tonewood and pickups I need to get a Anderson that is more traditional and vintage, but still have a HB in the bridge, and get a bit more overtones and less dark on the bass side, want some more sparkle.??

How about:
Alder Body
Maple Neck/RW Board
Neck: PU VA1
Middle Pickup VA1R
Bridge Pickup: M2 ??

morty
02-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Yes the M2 is an alternative..

I am in love with the flamed maple top on my drop top. does it affect the sound characteristic when you put an maple top on adler?

what is the difference of the VA and the SA in tonality?

It looks like my next Anderson is a Classic or a Drop top Classic...

Have anyone compared hevy frets non stainless to stainless heavy frets??

I think I would go for medium stainless!

Stan Malinowski
02-03-2005, 08:00 AM
does it affect the sound characteristic when you put an maple top on adler?

Yes, adding a maple top to any body will affect the tone. To my ear maple brightens up most body woods. Unfortunately if you want vintage you need to use the same bodywoods as the the original - in the case of Strats mostly alder and to a lesser degree swamp ash. Over the years I have come to realize (as far as Strat type guitars are concerned) that maple really alters the tone and gets you away from the "vintage" tone.

what is the difference of the VA and the SA in tonality?

To me the VAs are a bit cleaner, brighter and more responsive. Once again if you're after vintage Strat tones you really need single coil pickups (VAs).

morty
02-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Yes I tought so, but the flame maple is realy nice looking.. but looks are the last I think about..its a great bonus tough!

What finishes can I get with Adler? Is it only solids and some transparent colours?

andersonguy
02-03-2005, 10:23 AM
I vould like a Fretbord with smaller pores! I just love the feel of the verry smooth Ebony board on my Tylor Accoustic, but thats a different story.

Madagascar Rosewood fretboard, it is less porous (sp) Feels amazing!!!

Richard

Stan Malinowski
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
What finishes can I get with Adler? Is it only solids and some transparent colours?

From the TAG website:

"Alder is medium tan in color with little to no pronounced grain pattern. It seems to look best with opaque colors or a select few transparent colors, such as Transparent Forest Green, 6120 Orange, 3 Color Burst, Tobacco Burst, Transparent Red, Transparent Amber, Transparent Cherry and Transparent Blue. "

BoraBora
02-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey Morty,

Keep in mind that alder is a darker looking wood than swamp ash or maple, so only certain transparent colors will work. I have a classic in trans. blue that looks great, but without a good amount of light hitting it it tends to look very dark.