PDA

View Full Version : John Suhr is a member?

pluto
12-03-2003, 06:27 PM
I just noticed that the newest registered member is a person with the moniker "Suhr". If that's THE John Suhr, Hi and welcome. Your guitars are simply amazing just like Tom's.

killerburst
12-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Check out the profile. I believe it's him.

Welcome, John! Glad to have another world-class guitar maker on the board.

John Price
12-03-2003, 08:25 PM
That is very:cool: If its him!

Suhr
12-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Who else has a last name like mine.
Yes it is me, I like to keep tabs on the competition!
Tom Makes great stuff, if I didnt roll my own I'd buy one of his.

pluto
12-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Suhr
Who else has a last name like mine.
Yes it is me, I like to keep tabs on the competition!
Tom Makes great stuff, if I didnt roll my own I'd buy one of his.

There's an old baseball player named Gus Suhr that keeps popping up on ebay when I do a "Suhr" search!

Stan Malinowski
12-05-2003, 07:30 AM
John,

Welcome, it is truely an honor to have you here!

This Forum has some GREAT luthiers as members:

- Tom A
- Bruce Nelson
- John Suhr
and
- Jack Gretz, I own two of his creations, OH MY GOD!!!!

oscar100
12-05-2003, 11:43 AM
stan

who is jack gretz - never heard of him over hear

John suhr on teh other hand - is- ~JOHN SUHR!!!!!! enuff said!:D

Stan Malinowski
12-06-2003, 03:43 PM
who is jack gretz - never heard of him over hear

Jo,

Jack is the Guitar Guru at Magdon Music and also a fantastic luthier. Jack has made two custom guitars for me (see attached link). The first two are mine. First is a Swamp Ash Body/Maple Top Strat, Birdseye Maple Neck, Braz RW Bd. FRalin Blues Special PUs. All components & work performed by Jack. Second is a Swamp Ash Body/Quilted Maple Top in a "Carribean Blue" SOLID Brazialian RW Neck (THe blank was about 90 years old), Rio Grand h/s/h pickups. All work also done by Jack.

In addition Jack is good enough to have set and sponser this forum!

Jack Gretz Gutars (http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stanley.malinowski@snet.net/album?.dir=/Gretz+Guitars&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stanley.malinowski@snet.net/my_photos)

oscar100
12-06-2003, 07:20 PM
wow stan

that is some serious guitar

Much respect to jack!

how do they play?

:o

Stan Malinowski
12-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Jo,

They play EVERY bit as good as they look! Both resonate like there is no tommorrow. Jack is very meticulous about his work - whether it is a set-up of A PRS or Anderson, repair work, or custom build like mine!

SteveK
12-07-2003, 05:36 PM
I was lucky enough to walk into Magdon (about an hour and a half from my house) the day Stan took delivery of the Braz necked Gretz, and Stan was gracious enough to allow me to play it a bit. GORGEOUS guitar, great sound and fantastic attention to detail. I'm in the planning stages of my Gretz at this point in time. So far it will be a gorgeous natural quilt top with a rosewood neck, probably chambered. Haven't made up my mind about electronics, or stop tail vs. trem. I do believe that the fretboard will not have any inlays though...
Anyway, for what it's worth, Jack is also a heck of a nice guy to boot. He's been a guest in our home for a number of PRS Forum Jams and he is always welcome here. I just wish that he'd quit asking if it was OK with Joy(my wife) before he'll sell me a guitar!!!:eek: :D

PS His custom wound pickups are pretty happenin' too!