PDA

View Full Version : DTC w/ Kahler Steeler

olectric
01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm looking for an early-mid 90s drop top classic with a kahler steeler trem. I would prefer H-S-S with the Switcheroo system. To be really specific, I'd like it to have a hard-rock maple neck and fretboard and BFTS. If you've got a guitar matching some or all of the above characteristics, shoot me an email (geetarz777 at yahoo.com) or reply to this thread.

killerburst
01-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm looking for an early-mid 90s drop top classic with a kahler steeler trem. I would prefer H-S-S with the Switcheroo system. To be really specific, I'd like it to have a hard-rock maple neck and fretboard and BFTS. If you've got a guitar matching some or all of the above characteristics, shoot me an email (geetarz777 at yahoo.com) or reply to this thread.

Kahler Steelers and BFTS missed each other by about 3 years, IIRC. Unless somebody had a retrofit BFTS done, you might be hard pressed to find both on the same Andy. Just an FYI, but I hope you find what you're looking for anyway.

dkaplowitz
01-27-2005, 08:57 PM
check 09-06-90, it's a Grandam Lam. I'm the original owner. I've had the kahler disabled (by Bruce at TAG - he used a block of mahogany to hold the trem in place, IIRC. --- should be easy to undo). The neck's also been replaced (again by Bruce at TAG) --it's still hard rock maple. It's a great guitar, but it's got a lot of road wear (2-3 years touring Europe in a band, and another 12 or so years moving around with me). The one thing I regret about this otherwise great axe is the Kahler steeler...since I don't use it it's kind of a waste to have it on there. I occasionally toy with the idea of selling it, but I've not given it much serious consideration. Would be nice if someone who could dig a Kahler steeler could get some use out of it. Let me know if you're interested my username @ gmail (dot) com.

Edit - P.S. though the newer neck says "BFTS" on it, it's not really "BFTS".

olectric
01-28-2005, 09:30 AM
check 09-06-90, it's a Grandam Lam.... I occasionally toy with the idea of selling it, but I've not given it much serious consideration. Would be nice if someone who could dig a Kahler steeler could get some use out of it. Let me know if you're interested my username @ gmail (dot) com.

Edit - P.S. though the newer neck says "BFTS" on it, it's not really "BFTS".

I'm interested! Reply to my email with pics, please.

dkaplowitz
01-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Justin,

I just replied with a link to some pics.

Dave