PDA

View Full Version : Fishman bridge??

morty
01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a fischman bridge on my Drop Top. I don`t have a blender, but can anyone tell me if I could use it without. I daont want to blend the two sounds, but have one at the time...

I have a stereo cable and tryed it into my amp. but I couls still use the switcheroo. I tought you could not use the switches when the Fischman was in use!? am I wrong?

Could anyone help me..?

Stan Malinowski
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
When you use a stereo cable on a Fishman equipped Anderson one the "Y" end of the cable (end which goes into the amps or blender) is split into a two signals: 1) output from the conventional magnetic pickups which still allows use of the volume, tone and switcheroo switches and 2) output from the Fishman Powerbridge which is not controlled by any switches or pots. The output from the Powerbridge should go to either a Fishman Blender or a dedicated acoustic amp, either of which can adjust volume and eq. The split output corresponding to the regular magnetic pickups should be routed to your normal amp. In my experience I have had bad results routing any piezo output to a "non-acoustic amp".

guitarzan
01-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Rivera just released a cool 2-input amp at NAMM for Doyle Dykes. It has inputs for both pups and piezo and the combo is loaded with a 12" and a mid/tweeter combo for the acoustic side.

(I think)

Stan Malinowski
01-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Rivera just released a cool 2-input amp at NAMM for Doyle Dykes. It has inputs for both pups and piezo and the combo is loaded with a 12" and a mid/tweeter combo for the acoustic side.

Can both channels be active simultaneously? Am I understanding the "conventional channel" drives the 12" speaker while the "acoustic channel" drives only the mid/tweeter? Sounds like a cool idea.

guitarzan
01-25-2005, 01:38 PM
here is one of the info pages...
http://www.gilroyshopping.com/Rivera/details/sed_100115_combo.shtml

I just walked by it on Friday and din't really stop to stare... I DO know that it weighs close to... "One MILLION pounds", Dr. Evil said with his pinky turned to the corner of his mouth.

morty
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
So I can not use my fischman separatly without the blender!?

So If I use a stereocable I got both my magnetic picups and the fishman!?

Can I use my Fishman separatly in a vay without the blender, because I dont want to blend the two sounds.. just use them separatly! di I need a electic source or a preamp? I have a separat baterybox for my Highlander mic that I use on my Dobro.Can Iuse this, or do I ruin it!?

do anyone know???

Stan Malinowski
01-26-2005, 05:14 AM
So If I use a stereocable I got both my magnetic picups and the fishman!?

Yes, the sterocable should have a single 3 conductor end at the end which goes into the guitar. The other end of the cable should terminate in a "Y" with 2 mono conductors, one for the Fishman output and the other for the normal magnetic pickup output.

So I can not use my fischman separatly without the blender!?

No, You don not have to use the Fishman output with the Blender, it can be plugged into an acoustic amp, mixing board, etc.

sylvanshine
01-26-2005, 04:40 PM
I use the Boss Line Selector. Hosa Y cable (red and white) into IN and A RETURN and then two cables out of OUTPUT and A SEND. Set the Mode to however you want to have the pedal switch. Volume Adjustable. Compact. Easy.

http://www.rolandus.com/images/products/pedals_tuners/LS-2m.gif

morty
01-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Thank you for answers!! I am going to get a Y-cable verry soon!

If I understand correct, when I use a standard stereo cable, I am getting both signal from piezo and signal from the magnetic picups!?

tom
01-27-2005, 11:33 AM
with a stereo cable you get elec on the tip and acoustic on the ring. never both together.

morty
01-28-2005, 03:29 AM
Thank you Tom! tryed it yesterday, and it worked! The sound is close to a acoustic on the bass strings but too thin on the light strings.. but with heavyer strings and trough a acoustic amo I am sure the sound is very close to an accoustic.. It was realy fun to add some effects on the sound too! But it souns more like an acoustic when I bypased my G-Force and used only a touch reverb from my amp. realy good snap and twang!