PDA

View Full Version : Neck Dilemma

ryman150
01-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I custom ordered my tele and got it the 1st week in August (08-22-04R). It's probably seen about 10 hours of play time - and that's just practicing in my room (no stage or gigs at all). My guitar has a 1 11/16" nut with a 62 roundback.

I just played a tele that has a 1 5/8" nut and a TA Standard Neck.

I think I might have made a mistake in going with the configuration that I did when ordering my guitar. I absolutely love the feel of the 1 5/8" TA Standard. My neck feels fuller and bigger (which it is), and it just doesn't feel as "Right". I am really frustrated - kinda with my self, and I can't get it off my mind. What do I do??

The thing is that it is BRAND NEW, and there is no way I can justify $500 for a neck chage. Is there any way my neck can be reshaped?

One other thing is - the action on MY guitar is a bit higher, and it seems to make it more difficult to play. Do you think this may help me if I had the action lowered?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ryan

ryman150
01-18-2005, 09:47 AM
OK...good news (hopefully). I just found out that the guitar I was playing and LOVED was a 1 11/16" nut. The only difference is that it is setup with a TA Standard neck with .010s, and mine has a 62 roundback with .011s.

Here is my question: Is it possible to send the guitar to Anderson and have the neck shape actually shaved down to a TA Standard and setup with .010s...or something similar?

Thanks

Ryan

bruce
01-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Ryan,

It is possible. The price is usually $200 which covers reshaping, refinishing, and setup. It's more $ if it's a maple neck since the refinish work is a bear to work with inbetween the frets.

ryman150
01-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks Bruce,

I also spoke with Roy on the phone yesterday, and he is going to step me through setting up my guitar next week after Namm. I think this is really what the guitar needed...we'll see!

Thanks Roy, Bruce, and the whole Anderson team for having some great customer service!!!

-Ryan